This large scale, crash resistant EPO warbird has a wingpsan of 61inches (1.55m) and comes with working retracts, functional tail wheel and flaps! The shock-absorbing retracts are both functional and strong, soaking up bumps from bad landings and rough flying locations. A steerable tail wheel makes taxiing easy and this large wingspan plane is even easier to control in the air. There is no need to be worried about flying a large scale warbird anymore with the new EPO P-51D,
Included is 8 servos, 4 blade propeller, and a large high quality 42 series outrunner. Flaps are great for pulling off short takeoffs and perfect for slow landings! The P-51 Mustang will arrive 95% assembled, leaving only the tail pieces and wing to be glued into place. Assembly time is around 1 hour.
Buy it at our one day sale for only $110 from a warehouse near you (in my case Australia). But wait, sorry, its out of stock before the sale even commences. Put your name down for notification of arrival of stock and guess what - yes, you got it.......................... it's now $219. BUT AMAZINGLY IT IS STILL FOR SALE AT YOUR INTERNATIONAL WAREHOUSE FOR $110 with $68.29 postage from China. WHAT A JOKE HOBBY KING - I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHY I EVEN BOTHER TO DEAL WITH YOUR COMPANY, PROBABLY SOME SORT OF DEEP SEATED PERVERSE NEED TO BE TREATED LIKE AN IDIOT!!!!
Why are the prices so high in AUS, it is cheaper to buy these from the overseas warehouses and have it shipped in, surely it is much cheaper for them to be shipping the item in bulk with everything else that is stocked in AUS from the main warehouse.....it's crazy.
To add more "WTF"...we even have the higher currency exchange rate so things are cheaper again?????
this is a great aircraft as long as you make sure to complete some necessary upgrade steps that are not included in the building manual:
1. dont glue the wings on as this makes it impossible to transport unless you have a large 4wd. simply apply a 50mm strip of industrial strength Velcro the length of each wings. (will update with pics soon) also you can and should glue the wing spars into the fuse only which also helps centre the wings.
2. make sure you reinforce the landing gear mounts into the wings. they are only hot glued into the wings from factory! wiggle them free which is scarily easy.. apply any kind of epoxy to the mounts and secure them in where you want them.
3. dont use the ESC that comes with the plane.. it will burn out.. mine was nearly overheating on practice take-off runs at 50pcnt throttle.. i replaced it with the 50-60a esc from hobbyking which was only about $15.. a worthy upgrade for a small price.
4. be sure all control surfaces move as required. flaps on my model where extending to different limits.
5. make sure the gear works 110pcnt as mine did not, cycle them at least 10 times because you do not want a gear failure with this beautiful plane...
this may sound like a negative review but on the contrary this plane is the best plane i have ever bought! the little things listed above are acceptable considering how cheap the kit is. but also as with