This is a very cool looking ready to fly helicopter.
We could put you to sleep with talk of high performance this and precision that, but thats not what this 400 class heli is about. Its about stable controllable flight and scale looks. And this is what the Hughes-300 has, in spades!
Spec and features.
Class: 400 size
Tail drive belt system
Head lock gyro. (a good quality and sensitive one at that!)
Ball linkages on all servo surfaces.
Sprung skids (to soften dodgy landings)
Crash resistant frame.
Main Rotor Diam: 630mm
Lipo battery: 11.1v, 1300mAh
Motor: Brushless Inrunner w/ heatsink 2025-16L
3S1P 1300mAh Lipoly Pack
Flight Sim CD
Flight Sim Cable
..and one very cool Hughes-300 Heli.
What you need.
A 6Ch receiver & transmitter.
..plus basic helicopter flight skills.
Kapacita ( mAh )
Hmotnost ( g )
WELL I HAVE ONLY ONE PROBLEM IN MY HUGHES 300 I USE MY HELICOPTER ONLY TWO TIME AND IN THIS TO TIME I HAD TO BUY TO BRUSHLESS MOTOR AND NOW IF I WANT TO FLYGHT MY HELICOPTER I HAD TO BUY MY THIR MOTOR I'M VERY UPSET WITH MY MODEL I LIKE IT BUT JUST I HAD TOO MANY PROBLEM IN ALMOST ONE MONTH I HOPE SOMEBODY HELP ME WITH THIS MATTER CAN EMAIL ME AT WWW.JERRY3278@HOTMAIL.COMI HAVE PLACED AN ORDER FOR THIS SCALE HUGUES 300 JUST FOR THE LOOK, I LIKE THE HUGHES 300 AND THIS HELICOPTER HAVE REALLY SCALE LOOK BUT I AM SURPRISE BY THE STABILITY OF THIS MACHINE,IS FLY VERY WELL AND REALY STABLE NOT LIKE MY RAPTOR MACHINE BUT NEAR.I HAVE REED THE CUSTOMER REVIEW BEFORE ME, AND NOW YOU HAVE THE LOKTITE
ON ALL SCREWS. I AM VERY HAPPY OF MY ORDER, THE ELECTRONIC WORKS VERY WELL
AND FOR THIS SMALL PRICE YOU HAVE A NICE SCALE HELICOPTER.8) Last point, some informations talk about a 120 degree CCPM configuration. In fact, the tray permit it, but in the present configuration, it's not the case. It's a 90 degree classical configuration.
So, nothing really hard to do for experimented helicopter modelers, but not for a novice.
I hope those "bugs" will be corrected in the future by the manufacturer.
However, I persist to give a "four stars motion" because the global quality is correct and the mechanic is based on a well-proved concept (really the same like the Graupner Zoom 400). Blades (GFK), servos, gyro, engine and controller seems vrey good.
So, I think that at this price and with some little work, it is a very good deal for experimented modellers but I didn't recommand this model for a novice or for a modeller who search ar really almost ready to fly model.
There's some work on this little Hughes before flight, but I don't regret buying it !
I don't know if it's just on my model or on the entiere serie, but I have encountered some little problems with mine.
1) the main gear with the one-way bearing holder was mounted on the wrong way, so the free wheel didn't work and so the motor was not able to drive the gear ! So I had to unscrewd it (and by the way the auxiliary gear, one spacing sleeve and the pitch arm to extract the main gear, return the one-way bearing holder and remount all the pieces in the right way). Now, it fits perfectly and turn in the right way with a good free wheel.
2) Coming from that, I also had to unscrew the motor and remove the small epoxy circular plate between motor and frame to align correctly the motor gear with the main gear.
3) The next point was the lenght of the lever sheath that was 5 mm too short (but easy to correct)
4) The screw fixing the ball for the lever sheath on the tail control arm was too long and so a normal and complete movement of the sliding bush wasn't possible.
5) All the servos ware at the neutral position but none of the cyclic commands were at neutral, so I had to adjust some ball buckles
6) The las regret concern the fact that most of the nuts are unsecurized with Loctite or Nylstop
7) The tail rotor shaft was not at 90 degree with the main rotor shaft, so I had to align correctly the tail gear box
8) Last point, some informations talk about a 120 degree CCPM configuration. In fact, the tray permit it, but in the present configuration, i