FUN-RC introduces the Dart 400 FPV H Quad, Packed with features that matches any mini on the market and yet retains a Fun price tag.
The Dart… Series from Fun-RC packs some great features, design, durability, great looks and yet won’t break the bank.. The frames come with a clean and dirty vibration isolation system, designed to give the camera and flight controller a nice smooth ride. The vibration thimbles have hardware that keeps them attached in the event of a Crash. The Dart also has a built in Power distribution System that mounts the esc’s, as well has direct mounting for XT60/T-connectors, Integrated LED orientation head lights and aux outputs for A/V and the FC! The Frame has CNC cut channels for routing the wiring through the frame, making this one of the cleanest installs a mini can have. They include polished and anodized frame hardware, and even motor mounting hardware. The motor arms are a nice beefy 5mm thick for crash free damage, and yet made light in all the right places. The dart also has camera mounting options for FPV and HD, mounted forward and away from prop view.
If you compare the Dart to the competition the only think that is less is the price tag.
• Clean and dirt vibration isolation system with crash locks
• Power distribution with built in power connector mount and LED spot lights
• Polished and anodized hardware
• Wire routing channels for a clean install
• 5mm thick motor arms
Flight control: 30-45mm mounting distance
Battery: 3s 2100-3200ma
*Note: hardware not show in pictures is included
Hmotnost ( g )
awesome platform, make sure when using 4s lipos to use a voltage regulator on the leds. 5 min modification required to the pdb tracer between the power and the led.I built this frame. In the fitst minute the pcb has burned. I didn't understand. Everything was good. I think the pcb was shorted.Just finished my build of the Dart 400 frame. Pretty happy with the quality of the kit, everything fits together nicely and looks well made. At first the kit felt on the heavy side but after finishing the build the total weight was 1200g including a 3300mah 4s and Gopro. Im using the 980kv Sunnysky motors with 8x5inch props on 4s. 30amp ESC and APM flight controller with GPS. To balance everything out i put the batter under the frame and my electronics in the middle and GPS up top. hovers at around 40pcnt stick. I have added a picture to the files section.
The arms delaminated where they meet the motor and broke on a rough landing (not a crash) . Really disappointed with that! Otherwise the quality is good. Finally HK has some spare parts but i want new LONGER arms that arent crap!!!!Light weight, goes together easily, I had two screws that had a messed up allen, but it came with enough extra's I didnt need them, flies great, cant wait to put more time on it! Wish there was an option for longer arms, but I did fit 9" props on mine.Very good for the price. A bit on the heavy side, however the integrated PCB is very good for making a neat looking quad. Definitely won't take anything larger than 8" props, so use 7" or 8" props with 1100-1200kv motors, and a 2800mah 3S for best use.I've now built this frame up with ESCs, motors and FC. I'm currently outfitting it with my FPV gear. There's a lot of good things to say about this frame. All parts fit great and are accurate and snug. There are no extra screws or hardware so dont lose any. Frame feels very solid and strong when put together but I wouldnt advise worm burning or wraping it around trees because it's not made for that and will definitly break. But it looks like it will be an excellent FPV/AP machine if cared for. For the money, this will do everything a QAV400 will do and save you a bundle. In case you dont know, this is a clone of the QAV. It even has the top cutout on fwd end for the Luminear gimbal. Haha. I love the rear battery connector and there's lots of room for FPV gear. The few things I dont care for are as follows:
1) The short arms. Limited to 8" props. This forced me to go 4S using my existing motors.
2) Fwd LED burns out in three minutes with a 4S battery (trust me I Know).
3) The CG is going to be tail heavy without a fwd gimble so this forces you to put main battery on the roof and move it forward (like a mini quad). Ive put all possible flight, FPV, and AP gear in the nose and she's still tail heavy with battery down below on rear deck. Oh well. It will simply look like my mini QAV250 which I love.Finally HK is giving the competition a run for it's money! What a nice kit for such a budget conscious price. As soon as I saw it released I purchased one along with the Dart 250 and DHL delivered in 3 days. The frame is larger than I expected. All frame plates are 1.5mm minimum thickness, the arms are 5.0mm thick as advertised but one of the arms I got is only 4.90mm. I guess that's the trade off with these clones but i'm not complaining. I like the built in LED light in front and the Battery connector plug in at the rear. Built in PDB is also excellent. Motor mounts will accept 16x19mm bolt pattern so I ordered NTM2826 1200kv motors and a Turnigy Heavy Duty 3000mah 4S 60C lipo. I am going reuse my F20A esc's with simonK for this build. I can't wait to get this all together and fly it. Here's my unboxing review in youtube (copy and paste link) . . http://bit.ly/1tNzlDE
Battery size download now [137kb] No File Name download now [1343kb] No File Name download now [1343kb] No File Name download now [58kb] Dart400 Build Pic download now [3469kb] My build download now [746kb]