YEP ESC series offers a super smooth linear throttle responce making them exceptional fixed wing and helicopter ESCs. The features offered in this ESC are only matched by the most expensive european brands at a fraction of the cost. The super smooth soft start, along with its ultra high resolution throttle response puts this ESC in a class of its own!
YEP ESCs are built with the highest quality components to ensure true-to-rating current handling and high efficiency operation. Although quality is a tag line mentioned by many manufacturers you'll notice the difference the moment you remove the YEP ESC from the box.
All YEP ESCs can be programmed via optional programing card or by transmitter stick inputs.
• HV capability for use with up to 12S (44.4V) Lipoly
• Optional programming card for convenient setup
• ESC had separate programming lead built-in so there is no need to unplug from RX
• Super fine throttle resolution provides first-rate and highly accurate linearity
• Super smooth adjustable start-up mode
• Constant RPM mode (governor mode)
• Adjustable F3A brake.
• 3 steps adjustable normal EMF brake
• High anti-interference capability
• Low voltage cut-off protection with automatic adjustment for NiCd/NiMH/Li-Ion/LiPo/LiFePO4
• Soft cut-off option at low voltage, slows motor RPM gradual rather than hard cutoff (LVC)
• Low voltage cut-off can be disabled
• Variable cut-off voltage / cell
• Active free-wheeling circuit allows for unlimited "partial load" capability
• LED status display
• Adjustable motor timing from 0° to 30°
• Blocked rotation protection (senses a jammed motor and stops motor rotation)
• Motor reversing from ESC (no need to change ESC/motor wires)
• Over-temperature protection and overload alarm
• Anti sparking circuit: reduces connection sparks
• Throttle signal lose protection. If the signal is lost for 3 seconds, the power will automatically cut-off.
• Safe power-on. (Motor will not start until throttle is returned to lowest position)
Max Cont Current: 80A
Max Burst Current: 100A for 10 seconds
Input Voltage: 4-12 cells li-XX or 12-42 Ni-MH/Ni-Cd battery
BEC: None (OPTO)
PWM: 8~16 KHz
Max RPM: 240,000rpm for 2 Poles Brushless Motor
PCB Size: 50x30x17mm
Weight: 84g (including wires)
YEP programming card required to access the full suit of programming options.
Hmotnost ( g )
very compact, considering it's power handling ability. to my knowledge the first and only hk esc offering really slow startup acceleration as desired for heli drives. govenor mode not testet yet. the second control cable for programming is rather odd. it's purpose is to help prevent unintentional spinup at programming when drive power is connected before receiver power. this could be achieved in a better way.I bought two, I wanted a matched pair for twin drives. One came with light gauge cables, the other the brake does not work.
The programming card works intermittently, the response from both controllers to the same programming is different, never sure what the outcome will be.
I see some reports from happy customers, it might be a lucky dip as to weather you get a good one or not
I bought to replace TURNIGY K-Force 70 which is much cheaper and better quality.
Sorry I spent the extra money.nice cable hobbyking.com aselole pokoe mantapusing this ESC on my Compass 6hv. It performs flawlessly with the Vbar gov without any tweaking, the hobbywing 70 amp speedy required a lower gov gain. Comes down super cool and is easy to program with the vbar gov. Quality is spot on. This speedy is a lot smaller than the YEP120 which I contemplated on getting due to it being cheaper than the YEP80, luckily I bought this instead its a perfect fit.