This is a breakout board for InvenSense's ITG-3205, a groundbreaking triple-axis, digital output gyroscope.The ITG-3205 is the world’s first single-chip, digital-output, 3-axis MEMS gyro IC optimized for gaming, 3D mice, and 3D remote control applications. The part features enhanced bias and sensitivity temperature stability, reducing the need for user calibration. Low frequency noise is lower than previous generation devices, simplifying application development and making for more-responsive remote controls.
The ITG-3205 features three 16-bit analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) for digitizing the gyro outputs, a user-selectable internal low-pass filter bandwidth, and a Fast-Mode I2C (400kHz) interface. Additional features include an embedded temperature sensor and a 2% accurate internal oscillator. This breakthrough in gyroscope technology provides a dramatic 67% package size reduction, delivers a 50% power reduction, and has inherent cost advantages compared to competing multi-chip gyro solutions.
By leveraging its patented and volume-proven Nasiri-Fabrication platform, which integrates MEMS wafers with companion CMOS electronics through wafer-level bonding, InvenSense has driven the ITG-3205 package size down to a revolutionary footprint of 4x4x0.9mm (QFN), while providing the highest performance, lowest noise, and the lowest cost semiconductor packaging required for handheld consumer electronic devices. The part features a robust 10,000g
shock tolerance, as required by portable consumer equipment.
For power supply flexibility, the ITG-3205 has a separate VLOGIC reference pin, in addition to its analog supply pin, VDD, which sets the logic levels of its I2C interface. The VLOGIC voltage may be anywhere from 1.71V min to VDD max.
• Digital-output X-, Y-, and Z-Axis angular rate sensors (gyros) on one integrated circuit
• Digitally-programmable low-pass filter
• Low 6.5mA operating current consumption for long battery life
• Wide VDD supply voltage range of 2.1V to 3.6V
• Standby current: 5μA
• Digital-output temperature sensor
• Fast Mode I2C (400kHz) serial interface
• Optional external clock inputs of 32.768kHz or 19.2MHz to synchronize with system clock
• Pins broken out to a breadboard friendly 7-pin 0.1" pitch header
*Note: This is not an original Arduino brand product.
Hmotnost ( g )