A result of 3 years in research and development these Taiwanese manufactured 74mm EDF units are on the cutting edge of EDF design.
The duct unit is made from aircraft grade high tensile Aluminum alloy to improve performance and help reduce deformity of the duct during installation. The 10 fan blade is the first in the world to use high tensile aluminum alloy, A result of 18 months of wind-tunnel tests and Computer Aided Evaluation. The fan unit reduces high speed deformation by 90%, compared to a conventional ABS or plastic fan.
All Moto-turbine parts are manufactured using precision CNC machine tools in Taiwan. CNC machining enables a high level of acuaracy in the manufacturing proccess and ensures strict tolerances can be maintained. Each fan is also factory dynamically balanced.
In conventional ducted fan design, the motor is secured to the stator hub while the fan secured to the motor shaft. During operation, any imperfection in either the motor or fan will cause both the fan and motor to vibrate at a certain resonance frequency. The oscillation can cause the blade tip to rub against the shroud of the duct. Moto-turbine’s 3-bearing system reduces resonance vibration by 90%.
Motor: 3274-2200kv High Performance EDF Brushless
EDF Unit: 74mm
Battery: 6S 22.2V 3300-5000mAh LiPoly Battery
AMP Draw: 68 amps (Max)
Watts: 1600 watts (Max)
Unit Weight: 264g
22.2V (6S) 3300mah / 64amp / 1420watt / 2000g Thrust
22.2V (6S) 5000mah / 68amp / 1509watt / 2100g Thrust
Hmotnost ( g )
This is the first EDF I see where everything is done right:
1) fan is far from the edge. (try removing that tiny intake rim from a plastic edf and measure current. You will get up to 30pcnt difference!). The reason is incoming air stream must be properly formed and not get stalled on the edges like it happens on DrBadThrust fans where they ignored it.
2) 32mm motor is installed before the fan where air is colder and is not covered.
3) There's an airflow channel through the motor driven by inner blades inside the fan and Bernoulli pump (that half-cut cone at the back).
4) three bearings eliminate all vibration.
5) There's no fan adapter - it sits right on 5mm motor shaft.
This thing is designed to give you maximum thrust/power ratio, not just suck 80A for extra 200g thrust like many others.Im blowen away at the quality for the price! Im using it as a starter motor for a pulse jet. Have yet to power it up, but I'm sure it will exceed my expectations for the job.