We are proud to offer our Hobbyking RotorStar ESC series. With helicopter specific programming options such as super smooth soft start, fixed RPM mode (governor mode) and ultra high resolution, you won't find a better helicopter ESC on the market today!
We have tested these units on our own helicopters and found them to be among the best we have ever seen. The super smooth soft start, along with its ultra high resolution throttle response puts this ESC in a class of its own!
RotorStar ESCs are built with the highest quality components to ensure true-to-rating current handling and high efficiency operation.
All RotorStar ESCs can be programmed via optional programing card or by transmitter stick inputs.
• Powerful 5.7/7.4/8.0V 12A Selectable BEC
• Optional programming card for convenient setup
• ESC has separate programming lead built-in so there is no need to unplug from RX
• Super fine throttle resolution provides first-rate and highly accurate linearity
• Super smooth adjustable start-up mode
• Constant RPM mode (governor mode)
• Adjustable F3A brake.
• 3 steps adjustable normal EMF brake
• High anti-interference capability
• Low voltage cut-off protection with automatic adjustment for NiCd/NiMH/Li-Ion/LiPo/LiFePO4
• Soft cut-off option at low voltage, slows motor RPM gradual rather than hard cutoff (LVC)
• Low voltage cut-off can be disabled
• Variable cut-off voltage / cell
• Active free-wheeling circuit allows for unlimited "partial load" capability
• LED status display
• Adjustable motor timing from 0° to 30°
• Blocked rotation protection (senses a jammed motor and stops motor rotation)
• Motor reversing from ESC (no need to change ESC/motor wires)
• Over-temperature protection and overload alarm
• Anti sparking circuit: reduces connection sparks (for HV ESC)
• Throttle signal loss protection. If the signal is lost for 3 seconds, the power will automatically cut-off.
• Safe power-on. (Motor will not start until throttle is returned to lowest position)
***This ESC is compatible with both helicopter and airplane models.***
Max Cont Current: 120A
Max Burst Current: 135A for 10 Seconds
Input Voltage: 2-6 cells li-XX or 6-16 Ni-MH/Ni-Cd Battery
BEC: 5.7v - 7.4v - 8.0v/12A Selectable BEC
PWM: 8~16 KHz
Max RPM: 240,000rpm for 2 Poles Brushless Motor
PCB Size: 66 x 32.5 x 25.7mm
Weight: 100g (including wires)
Hmotnost ( g )
Keine Programmieranleitung dabei !!!!!!!!!!
Mit der YEP Carte Passiert Garnichts !!!!
Wie programmiert man den Esc mit dem sender ???
Tom.....So far so good. With any YEP or RotorStar esc you need the program card so get it. I'm using this on a Freewing 80mm F-86 with the FW 12b inrunner setup and while I've yet to fly her I've done hours of testing, a good deal so with the parameters in the esc. Being able to fine tune the timing is usually left for more high end speed controllers but you have that option with this one. Also you get a whopping 12A selectable SBEC, another killer feature. I'm using 2 other YEP controllers in other edfs and I'm able to do the same. I'm almost positive this is exactly the same as the YEP line of esc's offered by HK which makes me wonder why 2 of the same. Seems a little redundant but not to worry this one definitely works with the card and I have run her up all the way to 90 amps and she doesn't even get warm. I do have it placed in an optimal place to get as much cooling as possible and I also removed the label and cut away the heat shrink to expose the nice finned heat sink. 1 negative IMO is the extra servo cable. I had to find a place to put it and then secure it so it won't get sacked into the fan. Not a biggie but for my application not needed but I'm sure there are many occasions when it comes in quite handy. So far best esc I own.I bought 2 of these ESCs. Programming it via the dedicated built-in programming lead, does NOT work!!! I have to do it using the throttle lead! Using it on continuous 75A seems to be OK so far. But now I'm gonna use it for 110A continuous driving a JP90mm EDF, installed on my HSD Viper 90. What worries me is, the power wire size is only 12AWG! I came to think, are these ESCs really meant for 120A??? For efficiency reason, I replaced the wires with 10AWG. We will see if it ends up burning my EPO Jet, like what happened here:
If that ever happens to me, not only I will ask for my money back for both ESCs but also for my HSD Jet replacement! Hopefully it will never happen to me!Preis/Leistung sehr gut . Ich benutze den Regler fr einen sehr hoch drehenden 90er Impeller an 6S 0nd 83Amp. , feine saubere Regelung und Regler bleibt auch ohne Khlung cool . Sehr gute , einfache Programmierung mit YGE-Prog.Card. Sehr zu empfehlen.