The 1/10 Quanum Vandal XL 4WD Monster Buggy! The new standard for park bashers!
Developed from the original Vandal 4WD Buggy, the Vandal XL has a newly designed slipper clutch, altered balance and a shortened main drive shaft to reduce vibration and provide smooth acceleration.
The result is the perfect park basher! The giant monster truck tyres give you tons of grip on grass, dirt, gravel, concrete, asphalt or even sand. Because it has a much lower centre of gravity to traditional monster trucks this beast won't see you running across the park to turn it over when you turn too hard. It will also jump better and allow you to drive underneath low objects like swings and play equipment something monster trucks can only dream about.
You want speed with that too? Well we've ticked that box too with a sensorless 3000Kv motor and 45A ESC, this combo will have plenty enough speed for the park or big backyard and only needs a 2S battery.
So if you are looking for the perfect vehicle to create havoc in the local park your search is over!
• Ready to Run - just install your own receiver and battery and go have fun
• Adjustable camber, caster and shock mounting positions
• Low center of gravity chassis design
• Shaft driven 4WD system
• New design high torque slipper clutch
• Shorter main driveshaft to reduce virbration, smoother acceleration
• Metal gear front/rear differential
• Oil filled shocks with stiffer front and rear spring, provide more faster and stable cornering
• XL size tires for all kind of terrain and super big jump
• Pre-painted and trimmed body shell w/decal sheet included
• Pre-installed motor, waterproof ESC, and steering servo
Tire size: 120x60mm(F/R)
Gear Ratio: 11.2:1
Hex Hub Size: 12mm
Battery Tray Dimensions: 142x46x24mm (MAX battery size)
Motor: 3650 12.5T 3000kV TrackStar
ESC: 45A Trackstar Brushless ESC with HXT 4mm Connector
2S 3000~6000MAH lipoly battery
2 Channel radio transmitter
Right out of the box today, installed a receiver, and off to my friends track in his back yard. I put a set of JConcepts on the buggy, ran a 30C-60C 5300 mah Turnigy nano-tech battery, and simply adjusted the shock tension. I left with two very frustrated RC guys running $300-$400 cars, they both got lapped. The only issue I had is I ran the stock wheels/tire for a few laps and the right rear rim broke. I have seen this complaint by a few buyers. Other than that, this 4wd buddy is top notch for the cost. I've been driving RC cars for 30 years.Good power for stock. Could be better. Will see how it handles power upgrades. Running this on 3S with motor getting warm after running hard. Overall fun buggy.So I got this buggy last week and it finally arrived yesterday and my son was all exited, but the buggy was dead on arival. I installed a fresh battery and a new receiver and radio in it and turned it on and all I got was steering and no throttle. From what I could see rite off the back was that the ESC was dead it would not turn on at all, I got to say this was the first buggy I bought from hobb King and so far I'm not impressed every other item I have bought from them has worked flawlessly until I got this buggy.Good car for the price.
1) wheels, I've broke them in few days, I'm not the only one better to get another type in my opinion.
2) the esc is cheap, better to change for a sensored or you will ear an ugly sound when starting at low speed, the card will not solve the problem and you need the card to program the esc. this esc cannot be programmed with a radio.
3) some replacement like the rear dogbone and the spur gear are needed (depend how much and how you use but you will need them soon or later)
1) good motor for road and offroad fun
2) it's nice to change wheels (big or small) to change the behavior
3) really strong, just avoid cement wall and sidewalk while at full speed
4) unstoppable, grass, soil, snow, can go everywhere (just clean well the vandal after using it)
5) cheap and cheap replacement parts
6) simple to dismount and repair
It's good for you if:
you want an rc car for fun, both onroad and off road with some space for customization easy and cheap to repair if needed.
it's not good for you:
if you want a professional car for races or similar.
Great car. My son broke the front lower a arm on it's first run! But that's what happens when you drive full speed into a tree. This thing is fast!! I ordered new a arms and hobbyking quickly sent them out. Back up and running and wow can it take a beating! Waterproof electronics is a huge plus! Great car for the money..Fantastic 4WD car. THe price is also very good. I recommend itThis buggy iis pretty decent,tough & good handling,but the included motor is total rubbish cogging non stop.But no problem as I installed a 60a esc & 6100kv,now its stupid fast & smooth with no more coggingmeravigliosa, inarrestabile, non salta...vola! bisogna solo non farci prendere la mano a saltare perch alla fine si rompono le ruote... perch si va a battere da qualche parte. con le 3s una scheggia, ho fatto un salto di 2 metri e mi sono schiantato rompendo 2 ruote. fortunatamente robusta e non si rotto nient'altro.Car is very powerful, i use 3S 5200mAh Turnigy 25C. I am very satisfied with Vandal XL. It has only one weakness, big and beautiful wheels can't survive too big jumps (crash) to left or right side. Great car for that price.You must buy the programming card for this esc....no good otherwise
Be careful with the recomended batteries as the zippy 4 amp dont fit due to the position of the battery terminals
Vandal XL User Manual download now [845kb] Vandal XL User Manual download now [845kb] Vandal Setup Sheet download now [147kb] Standard wheel_problem.jpg download now [0kb] Gray-scale User Manual download now [1.24Mb]