Come Join Us!
We're always seeking R/C enthusiasts, engineers, designers, programmers, marketing & managerial staff who have a passion for R/C.If you feel you have what it takes to be part of a dynamic, passionate and fast paced group of individuals and you love R/C then please forward your CV to email@example.com.
System Administrator | Hong Kong
- AWS Server, SDLC
- CICD, Odoo
HobbyKing.com is a privately held B2C high tech eCommerce company that is a leader in its category with customers around the world. The website is ranked in the top 5,000 websites globally for traffic. The products are R/C hobbyist products for mid to high range hobbyists. If you're passionate about building great business functions, leading change and improving critical business processes, then we want to speak to you!
- Responsible for maintenance, monitoring of all the AWS Server - including high traffic multi-node production website (hobbyking.com), ERP environments & sandbox environments, Redis Cache, Solr, Message Queues, Load Balancers in the infrastructure ecosystem.
- Ensure that the systems are up and running, servers have high availability.
- Responsible for & owner of all resolution actions in case of any outage
- Responsible for monitoring security of all the environments & plan for preventive measures. The role will also be responsible for managing CDN, firewalls, proxy, and Cloudflare.
- Be responsible to actively monitor & work with the third-party DBA to ensure that database operations are optimized, ensure its high availability & suggest measures for improvements to them.
- Work in collaboration with department head to report AWS costs & optimization recommendations.
- Monitor the server usage & health reports on a regular basis in order to identify bottlenecks, impacts of application changes, and take corrective measures.
- Suggest application & database optimization measures in order to improve the performance of the website & systems.
- Responsible for ad-hoc tasks as assigned or identified at the server level including but not limited to redirects, FTP setup, Cron / Bash scripts set up, and server-side investigation.
- Closely work with & actively support developers for applications. This role is a central role across multiple applications & hence requires one to adapt working knowledge of the applications.
- At least 5 years of hands on experience in managing AWS Cloud Console, EC2, S3, Cloudfront, Cloudwatch, Route53, billing & costing, and related services.
- Proven experience of using automation tools, Ansible, and Docker.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Linux platform, distributions: Redhat & CentOS.
- Mid-level experience in handling ProxySQL Load Balancer, Solr, Redis, and Jenkins server.
- At least 5 years experience in managing servers for PHP based application & 2 year in Magento Enterprise. Managing servers for Open ERP/Odoo is a plus.
- Expert knowledge on Nginx (OpenResty).
- Proven experience & understanding of MySQL Database Master-slave, Percona Cluster, and PostgreSQL.
- Hands on experience in Bash & Python scripting.
- Knowledge of SDLC is MUST.
- Experience with Agile methodology & CICD are preferred.
This opportunity is welcome for overseas applicants and HK Work Permit Sponsorship will be supported.
We offer excellent career prospects and attractive remuneration package to the right candidates. Interested parties, please send your detail resume with present and expected salary together with availability to firstname.lastname@example.org. All personal data collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. All applicants' information will be destroyed after 12 months.