This Radio Telemetry kit offers a great low price, longer range (approx one mile with supplied antennas) and superior performance. The system utilizes the 915Mhz band and provides a full-duplex link using HopeRF's HM-TRP modules running custom, open source, firmware.
The SiK firmware includes a bootloader that permits radio firmware upgrades over the serial interface, and configuration of system parameters. Firmware upgrades and configuration are fully supported in the APM Mission Planner. Configuration is also possible through the 3DR Radio configurator and AT commands.
Interface to the module is via standard 5V-tolerant TTL serial / FT232 USB serial.
• Very small size
• Light weight (under 4 grams without antenna)
• 915Mhz frequency band
• Receiver sensitivity to -117 dBm
• Transmit power up to 20dBm (100mW)
• Transparent serial link
• Air data rates up to 250kbps
• Range of approx 1 mile with supplied antennas
• Demonstrated range of several kilometers with a small omni antenna
• Can be used with a bi-directional amplifier for even more range
• MAVLink protocol framing and status reporting
• Frequency hopping spread spectrum (FHSS)
• Adaptive time division multiplexing (TDM)
• Support for LBT and AFA
• Configurable duty cycle
• Built in error correcting code (can correct up to 25% data bit errors)
• Open source firmware
• AT commands for radio configuration
• RT commands for remote radio configuration
• Adaptive flow control when used with APM
• Based on the HopeRF HM-TRP radio module, featuring an SiLabs Si1000 RF microcontroller.
• Upgraded to more convince Molex 1.25mm
Antenna connectors: RP-SMA connector
Output power: 100mW (20dBm), adjustable between 1-20dBm
Sensitivity: -117dBm sensitivity
Interface: Standard TTL UART
Connection status: LED indicators
Radio Telemetry base station (USB Connection)
Telemetry Transceiver (Pin Header)
lead set x1
Antenna x 2
This product is based on the 3DRadio Project from 3D Robotics.
What is the real alacance this telemetry equipment tested their model aircraft and type of antennas that can increase the distance transmision.Great product, with a pair of quality antennas, you do wonders with them in term of distance!Works very well, using windows 8.1, arducopter 3.1 and HK mini APM. Have tested to 250m with still good quality.
I used a bit of clear heat shrink to cover the boards up.Hard to beat this kit at 1/3 the price for the "name brand". Works with my windows tablet so I can now program my quad in the field.great kit. easy to install and use. im very happy with itVery good telemetry. easy to use.You need to update driver usb serial converter under ports AND usb serial port under Universal Serial Bus Controllers. After that works perfectly. Dont tested yet. I just heard cell towers using 900mhz in out country.perfect! These were plug and play with my hkpilot, just needs the 57,600 baud settingI have bought two of these now. I lost the first on the way home from a crash in a tree. The only reason I found my plane is the APM telemetry told me where it was. I almost lost my plane due to knocking the USB Telem. out during a landing. The plane just flew a mile away and landed on a greenhouse. Lost for 10 days. Put your phone number on everything!
#Suggestion Needs factory Shrink wrapped.After downgrade USB drivers I still had problems with communication my APM 2.5 to Flightplanner, when I chose 115200 bitrate. But when I chose AUTO, all problems gone. Five stars for this price !