This Radio Telemetry kit offers a great low price, longer range (approx one mile with supplied antennas) and superior performance. The system utilizes the 915Mhz band and provides a full-duplex link using HopeRF's HM-TRP modules running custom, open source, firmware.
The SiK firmware includes a bootloader that permits radio firmware upgrades over the serial interface, and configuration of system parameters. Firmware upgrades and configuration are fully supported in the APM Mission Planner. Configuration is also possible through the 3DR Radio configurator and AT commands.
Interface to the module is via standard 5V-tolerant TTL serial / FT232 USB serial.
• Very small size
• Light weight (under 4 grams without antenna)
• 915Mhz frequency band
• Receiver sensitivity to -117 dBm
• Transmit power up to 20dBm (100mW)
• Transparent serial link
• Air data rates up to 250kbps
• Range of approx 1 mile with supplied antennas
• Demonstrated range of several kilometers with a small omni antenna
• Can be used with a bi-directional amplifier for even more range
• MAVLink protocol framing and status reporting
• Frequency hopping spread spectrum (FHSS)
• Adaptive time division multiplexing (TDM)
• Support for LBT and AFA
• Configurable duty cycle
• Built in error correcting code (can correct up to 25% data bit errors)
• Open source firmware
• AT commands for radio configuration
• RT commands for remote radio configuration
• Adaptive flow control when used with APM
• Based on the HopeRF HM-TRP radio module, featuring an SiLabs Si1000 RF microcontroller.
Antenna connectors: RP-SMA connector
Output power: 100mW (20dBm), adjustable between 1-20dBm
Sensitivity: -117dBm sensitivity
Interface: Standard TTL UART
Connection status: LED indicators
Radio Telemetry base station (USB Connection)
Telemetry Transceiver (Pin Header)
lead set x1
Antenna x 2
This product is based on the 3DRadio Project from 3D Robotics.
Using this with APM 2.5 and Mission Planner. Worked out of the box, no issues whatsoever. Highly recommended.For the money you can't do much better...comes with all the features I need. Works well with APM 2.5Works great. Using it with Ardupilot APM 2.5.
1. Opened mission planner
2. Choose the correct com port
3. Go to 3dr configuration page
4. 'Load settings'
5. Updated the firmware
6. Connected to APM
Easy! Have flown and is a lot of fun to click where you want the copter to go.Excellent. Plug n Play with APM 2.5.I don't use APM or mission planner so i don't know if it working that way.On the bench test,with the original 3DR config tool everything worked perfect.The latest SiK firmware upgrade is made within 2 minutes both for ground and air module.With 1dbm level and not so cellular friendly enviroment i went 20 more or less meters away till my ground control software announced out of signal,but with a lot of noise according to rssi meter.I had a very little problem in changing baud rate for my FY21AP,needed a little reading...The stock whip antennas are not 900 mhz exactly or...they need to be tuned,or change them with an inverted vee dipole for perfect signal range and noise levels.Very happy for this 3dr clone.Ready to buy the 433mhz version!Got it less then 10 days shipping in Canada !. The connection cable is made for APM 2.5 only, it must be modified for APM 2.0 witch has different connector. Same product as 3DR but lot cheaper.hobbyking can not get this item about 2 month and i will cancel my orderMuy bueno para fpv, parece buena calidad, a probarla ahora....A little difficult to get them up and running, but with perseverance your diligence is rewarded with a excellent wireless connection between your multiwii and PC.I have this up and running fine with APM2.5 and Mission Planner GCS. Pretty much zero config... just make sure you have the baud rate set to 57k. It will time out at other rates and appear broken.