No time to fly during the day? No problem! The HobbyKing® Flybeam night flyer opens a whole new dimension of flying. The key feature of this product is the pre-installed, multi-color LED system with wing tip Strobe lights. Couple this lighting system with a stable airframe molded in ultra-durable EPP foam and you have the makings of the perfect night flyer. Though it may look like just another high wing trainer, the Flybeam is anything but. Stable and forgiving with ultra responsive controls make this the perfect sport aerobatic model for your first foray into the night. Multiple colors of LEDs have been used to provide distinct contrast for easy orientation in the dark.
This kit version comes un-assembled other than the LED system pre-installed. This allows you to fully customize your Flybeam exactly how you want it. Assembly of the Flybeam is ultra simple thanks in part to the low parts count. All told, your Flybeam can be ready to fly in just a couple hours of work.
• Kit version - Assemble the Flybeam with your choice of motor, electronics, and battery
• Ultra tough molded EPP foam airframe
• 131 high intensity LED's pre-installed
• PCB LED quick connection board
• Rugged, yet stylish aluminum landing gear
• Wing tip strobe lights
• Steerable tail wheel
• Stable, yet fully aerobatic platform
Flying Weight: 1120g
3S 11.1V 2200mAh Lipoly Battery
4 x 9g servos
4018 x 950kv brushless motor
We have a full selection of Flybeam spare parts here.
Very nice kit, easy to build and fly's great if you keep the weight down. Remove the landing gear and make it a belly-lander. Safes a good 70grams and makes it a real floater that does not stall. Use UHU-Por or Welder glue to build, and you have a very nice nightflyer. Payed 50 bucks for it at the sale! Check my flight test on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoQNsq0_4aUVery nice kit with LED light, purchased during the half year sales good price for the set.
Easy to install with large compartment inside the fuselarge. Installed with the original 950KV motor and propeller with 3s lipo, good stable flight during take off and landing. Can be use for beginner trainer, very easy flight handling witht he slow KV motor.
Advance pilot may feels too slow, can install with higher KV motor and larger battery, but will need to shift the CG 2~4cm back from the motor mount with larger battery pack. The CG is just nice using 3s 2200mah install behind the motor mount, very little trim with 3s lipo.I have over 30 planes and jets, and this is the first time I had a plane's wings fold and rip off during flight. I bought this plane to fly at night as a novelty and it took off just fine, and then the left wing folded up and ripped off mid flight causing the plane to spiral to its demise. The wings are connected to each other by glue, then held by screws at middle intersection, and it comes with a wood spar that only runs 8 inches and I also added a long piece of carbon fiber and it still folded and wripped off ten seconds after flight. I have read on forums this is common for this "flybeam" plane and that you can't go more then half throttle without the wings bending, but had I known beforehand I would have stayed away.I ordered the KIT version, because in my experience RTF kits come with low quality servos, ESC and motor which I end up replacing. I am really impressed with the quality of this KIT for several reasons:
1. it is made of high quality EPO (yes, I know the manual and description state EPP, but it is NOT EPP - I have 5 EPO and 4 EPP models so I know the difference).
2. the led system is also very high quality, and comes with a handy connecting board that even has electronic fuses built-in.
3. the overall design is excellent. I was afraid the installation of the led system would weaken the overall robustness and stiffness of the model, but it is designed in such a way that the led strips made the model stronger!
4. The leds do add weight, but the model should not be overweight if you use the right components. Withleds (but without other electronics)the model weights: wings:250 grams, fuse (inc tail) 300grams, undercarriage (incl wheels) 70 grams. My estimated AUW incl a strong motor and 3S2200 batt is 1000 grams which is OK for a 110cm span plane.