Building on the already established ability of our purpose built Sky Eye as an FPV glider, our designers have pulled out all the stops to improve the original's flying qualities and delivered the goods with the Cloud Surfer. The new T-tail configuration allows for improved stability and flight control responsiveness, both being primary concerns with any FPV camera platform especially in the slow speed flight envelope, and the new look has been made even more distinctive by its sleek grey finish.
This is a BIG model that boasts a huge 2 metre wingspan but that said, there is no need to worry about getting the Cloud Surfer to your flying site. It has a two piece plug-in wing assembly system enabling it to be transported in almost any motor vehicle and once at your destination, is easy and quick to assemble.
The magnetic canopy hatch provides easy access to the battery, receiver and camera without the area feeling crowded. Six heavy duty mini servo's are all pre-installed, as is the powerful brushless out-runner motor and ESC.
Bigger flies better and this is especially true with FPV glider platforms and you can bet that the Cloud Surfer certainly fits the bill here. A huge wing area coupled with pre-installed flaps ensures stable and almost un-stallable flight which is exactly what you are looking for as a FPV pilot.
With the Cloud Surfer getting "up there" is easy with its powerful 35mm brushless outrunner and 8 inch prop. Combined they provide the Cloud Surfer with an excellent climb rate and once you reach your desired altitude its simply a case of backing off your throttle and settling down for some first rate FPV gliding.
Rugged EPO foam construction is easy to assemble due to the minimal parts count and the clear front dome gives an unrestricted forward view for your action and/or FPV camera.
The Cloud Surfer is everything you are looking for in a large scale and purpose built FPV/Camera platform. It is easy to build and set-up, easy to fly and above all fantastic value for money.
• Tough EPO Construction
• Plug and Fly Format, Simply add a Battery and Reciever!
• Large Size Ideal for Stable Flying in a Variety of Weather Conditions
• Unique Nose Mounted Transparent Camera Dome
• Unique T-tail configuration
• Pre-Installed Landing Wheel
• Pre-Installed Flaps
• Large Magnetic Canopy
• Plug In 2pc Wing for Easy Transport
• Powerful 35mm Brushless Outrunner
• Large Payload Capability
• Large CF wing Tube
Wing Area: 46.3dm2
Wing Loading: 29.2g/dm2
Servo: 6 x Mini 17g
ESC: 30A w/BEC
Motor: 3536 Brushless Outrunner 900kv
Prop: 8" x 6"
All Hardware & Instructions Included
Your Own 6 Channel TX/RX
2200mAh 3s Lipoly Battery (Min)
Foam Glue or Foam safe CA and Kicker
- easy to put together
- Tons of space to fit all your gear, batteries, etc
- Flies amazing, floats thanks to its flaps, if configured properly
- foam is soft and flimsy - careful when putting it together. I simply laminated it in a single piece ;)I'm a beginner and this plane give me some headaches that I would not recommend if you're a beginner. Foam is very cheap and flimsy and breaks easily. If you're experienced and already have a lot of FPV stuff, I'd say go for it.The plane flies great! With a 3.3amp hr battery this bird can fly for an 45 minutes or more!
It looks great in the air. When you build it, make sure you buy yourself a balance tool and locate the battery in it's proper spot because an airplane that is tail heavt only flies once.
A member at the R/C club I belong to balanced my CloudSurfer for me. If you are using the 3.3amp turnigy lipo sold here the battery should mount all the way up front. Also if you don't have any fpv equipment during the maiden flight.. like me you will need to add lead to the nose to balance it out. The assembly directions for configuring the r/c channels is wrong for anyone who flies USA mode 2. The elevator and alerons are reveresed. It's no biggie. I also used channel 7 for the flaps and mixed channel 6 so I can use a knob on my radio to tweek the flaps. It really flies well.. You can easily steer the bird with alierons only.. I have not had to use the rudder. The wings have stayed in place even during flights with hard banking. My last flight I did run into an issue. I banked hard into a thermal... cut the motor, banked and gave the elevator some down.. went into a dive as planned.. but I got too close to the top of the corn in a corn field, paniced.. accelarated too hard whild banking and climbing away.. I ended up plowing into the corn field. The only damage was the top of the fusealage wing assembly area. This are is the Cloudsurfers weak spot. The crash was not hard enough to damage the fuesalge, but the wings on impact ripped out of the fuesalage. The EPO glue I purchased from Hobbyking appears to be great... I'll fly it again next Saturday.
It is a fun plane to fly.What can I say, I purchased this plane last week and the quality is so so bad and worst of all there are NO SPARES AVAILABLE FOR THIS MODEL.
1. The wings dont fit together flushly.
2. The servo holes are too big on the main wing making it a very sloppy movement.
3. The servo in the elevator holes are too small for the control rod.
The screws to attached the clevises are about 10 cm too long and protrude from the top of all the wings, they are also very sharp.
4. The rudder servo nearly rips the tail off where the throw is way to much and bends the rod to 35 degrees.
5. The foam is very bad quality and as the wings are only held together with friction, the foam on the wings is very easily dented.
6. The control surfaces are warped and do not line up properly with the wing.
7. The elevator section when screwed on is slightly twisted and does not sit straight with the fuselage.
8. This model is grey and the paint peels off very easily.
9. the horns and clevises are really small and flimsy and will very easily break with any kind of pressure.
10, its takes more that 1 x 2200 as reco by HK to balance this plane, not sure which clueless person wrote that!
HK sell the replacement for the dome?HK sell the replacement for the dome?Pros:
- VERY easy to put together
- Tons of space to fit all your gear
- Flies amazing, floats even in the crapiest air
- foam is soft and flimsy - careful when putting it together
- CAREFUL with the CG... first flight was slightly back and landing was a nightmare
If the foam were of better quality, this plane would get my 5 crowns!Great plane just make sure you have the CG in the correct spot I needed to get a 5000mA battery to pull the CG forward. Once you get the wings on they are hard to get back off, not made to be removed after each flight for transport so you you might want to have a truck or large SUV to transport this plane to a field. Very stable in the air when you get the CG correct.de petits ajustements au niveau du jeu dans les tringles. mettre un CG ? 75mm mais piqueur. H?lice horrible (direct poubelle pour la mienne) mais sinon un super planeur, ?a vole tout seulGood nice neat plane, hard to join the main wings together solo but with help it works easy... would recommend to anyone :)