For many RC pilots, there is something really special about flying a Bi-Plane, and there is plenty about the HobbyKing® ™ Pitts S-12 ARF that is special! The Pitts Python is perhaps the ultimate Bi-Plane and this ultra high quality kit really does this amazing aerobatic aircraft justice, not only in terms of scale looks but also performance.
Just look at the quality of the balsa/ply construction and you will see a strong but ultra-lightweight design, and this theme continues throughout the model, carbon fiber control horns, composite/ply motor mount, pull/pull rudder control with rigging wire to stiffen the verical & horizontal stabilizer, glass-fibre wheels spats with large lightweight wheels, alloy cabane and so on.
The HobbyKing® ™ Pitts S-12 is designed specifically for electric flight and is also very practical, quick to field assemble, it features massive removable canopy with a quick release latch and a huge battery tray. This is a good size model that will require a 5s set up for sport flying, however, to get the best from this model, we would reccomend a low kv 6s set up.
WingSpan: 1370mm / 54in
Fuselage length: 1343mm /52.9in
Wing Area: 45.9dm2 / 712sq.in
Dry Weight: 1.868kg (4.1lbs)
Ply/Composite Motor mount Box
Full Photo Instruction Book
Your Own 4~6 Channel TX/RX
0.60~0.90 Equivalent Electric Motor
4000mAh~5000mAh 5s~6s Lipoly Battery
4 x High Torque, Digital Servo
maiden flight today turned out great... set center gravity at leading edge of lower wing this is where almost all pitts are supposed to be set anyway... set up is a Turnigy sk3 5055 430 KV Master Airscrew 16 by 8 by 3 blade prop wattage is 1696 at static thrust check 79 amps hobbyking 80 amp speed control zippy Flightmax 5000 30 C Corona DS 329 servos throughout .yes like one of the other reviewers the cabanes for the center mount were about a half inch too long also they did not provide all of the parts to build the cross bracing for them be prepared to replace all of the wing hardware with three millimeter screws and washers..... they provide 2.5 millimeter hardware which is decidedly insufficient...... outside of that the build quality of the airframe and the covering is excellent! incredible value for the price be prepared this thing is huge as will be your love for flying iti still dont c a flight review just build review so hear it is. With cg at leading edge of bottom wing this thing is so stable tracking is great roll coupling is minimal for a byplane. hight rates you can do about whatever you want rudder is large enough to do knife edge loops if it is powered well. if you like byplanes this is one of the better ones i have flown good sport to aerobatic plane im not going to say its full 3d. however you must beef up the landing gear durring the build add the weight you need to make them strong.I received it in great condition all pieces were there the only thing upon completion was the four center posts for the top wing were 1/2 inches to long after I made the adjustments it flew great and really looks nice in the sky with a Tacon 60 big foot motor and using a 3 cell lipo for the servo power with a 16X10 prop it is really great my first Biplane.over all this plane is very nice i love it the design is great but there are some points of intrest to look at the glue they use is not strong enough i would suggest apoxy to sterdy it up and also when assembling it pay attition to the wing struts on the fusalage mine were of set from one side to the other the left side struts went backawerds and the right side went forward you will need to tweek them before glueing them in and mine were a half inch to long had to cut down and re drill holes other than that it is one of the nice's planes iv ever ownedwell to say the plane is not to bad cg is a little of but once figured out it flys great with a g 60 motor and a 55amp dilux esc with 16-8 prop and 6 cell but with the wing not being removable alitte hard to transport but I would recamend it to anyone who wants to try an bi planeVerkeerde tekening op bijgeleverde schijf, van veel delen 2 maal links of 2 maal rechts geleverd, voorgeboorde gaten te groot of niet aanwezig, al met al een afknapper!1. If you read nothing else read this- the centre of gravity in the instructions is WRONG! It should be 108 mm from the leading edge of the top wing. This is a safe starting position and then adjust to suit you.
2. Either the metal struts supporting the wing at the centre are too long or the support frames at either end of the wings are too short. I left the metal supports the supplied length and made new support frames to support the wings at the edge. Others have cut the metal to suit and used the original end support frames. I used the recommended motor & a 16x10 APC prop with 6s 4000 mah 20c lipo with red brick 100amp ESC. The model performs well on this set up- but others have commented that it will give unlimited vertical- not true& my model is below the recommended weight with the recommended set up.
3. The metal wheel struts are too large to go in the cut out in the fuselage- you have to open it up.
4. This model can be quite fiddly to assemble but is well worth the effort in the end.
5. The wood & glue (or amounts of glue used) isnt as good as some areas crumble easily- I recommend you run PVA glue around all the visible joints & reinforce the landing gear area.
6. I compare this model in flight to the sebart range- possibly an unfair comparison- but the Pitts isnt as good- however the Sebart range cost a lot more.
7. All in all, with some work, this is a good model given some basic failings (lack of glue in joints & top wing supports too long/short dependiavoid minutes of frustration looking for bolts that dont exist. the bolt lengths specified in the manual do not match the provided bolts. also pay attention to Ballsey review regarding the wing, it is important to make sure all is flush before gluing the aluminium tabs into the wings. also getting the wheel covers to work was fun, if your into randomly grinding away drilling fiberglass.beautyfull plane, good flyer. Instruction manual in useless, COG shall be on the leading edge of bottom wingIl modello arrivato in Italia in soli 4 giorni! L'imballo completo e ben fatto ( impossibile che il modello arrivi danneggiato).
La qualit generale molto buona ma ho assegnato 4 stelle solo perch mancavano un paio di particolari nella minuteria (snodi rinvii) che ho acquistato su piazza al costo di 4-5euro.
Il modello allestito con motore G60 Turginy da 400kv, regolatore Turginy delux da 100A, batteria Turginy compact 6S da 3700mhA 25C, ed elica 17x8 in legno.
L' assorbimento del motore a terra di 65A, con sviluppo di 1460W.
IMPORTANTE il CG delle istruzioni errato. si trova ad 1 cm dal bordo di entrata dell' ala inferiore o a 10-11 cm dell' ala superiore: basta mettere la batteria tutta avanti ed il modello perfetto.
In volo disarmante la semplicit di pilotaggio. Atterraggio semplice, basta tenere sempre un filo di gas.
Modello che consiglio vivamente per ottimo rapporto prezzo/qualit.