The P40 with its 75/34 cannon installed on a rotating turret and weighing 26 tons, was the most powerful tank within the Italian Army during World War II. For the Italian tank of that time, it featured innovative characteristics such as front and sides main body angled plates that were still bolted together instead of welded.
It had a reasonable speed, about 40 km/h (25 mph). Designs began in 1940 but development was long and with difficulties. In 1943, the first definitive version was ready for production.
With the armistice and Northern Italy German occupation, all P40s were operative with the German Army. About three dozens were ground buried along the Gothic line as small fortresses without engines due to supply difficulties from the struggling war industry.
Three P40 divisions were in force with the German Army on the Yugoslavian front and some others in Austria against the Soviet Army.
The Italeri range of kits are manufactured from tough styrene plastic and provide a high level of scale detail.
Material: Styrene Plastic
Please Note: Paints, adhesives and cutting tools are not included.