In 1936, Shigeo Ogawa set up his original machine-shop, making model steam engines. At the same time the first 1.6 cc O.S. Type-1 miniature gasoline engine was made. 200 production models sold under the name “Pixie” were exported. A short time later the O.S. brand came about. For all these years, OS Engines have been a recognizable name of power, reliability, cutting edge design and quality in the model engine arena. From their much loved “Max” series, to their unique Wankel rotary engine, to the powerful O.S. Speed series engines, they have something for everyone. HobbyKing is proud to be able to bring a wide selection of the latest O.S. Engines to you.
The 15LA is the tried and true economical engine for the "15 size" nitro airplane market. The 10G carburetor has a remote needle valve mounted on the engine back plate which makes tuning easier and safer. Added webbing on the crankcase strengthens high stress areas to help ensure that they stand up to the rigors of learning to fly. Includes #871 muffler and #A3 glow plug. Fuel for this engine is recommended to use 5~20% nitro, with at least 18% oil content.
• Hardened steel crankshaft
• Easy tuning 10G carburetor
• Fuel inlet that points up allows for easier fuel line access for fueling and defueling
• Backplate mounted remote needle valve for easier and safer tuning
• More cooling fin area extends the life of the engine, and virtually eliminates engine seizures in the air
• Includes 871 muffler and #A3 glow plug
Displacement: 0.15 cu in (2.5 cc)
Bore: 0.598 in (15.2 mm)
Stroke: 0.539 in (13.7 mm)
Practical rpm: 2,500-18,000
Output: 0.40 hp @ 17,000 rpm
Weight: 4.87 oz (138 g)
Recommended Props: 7x4, 7x5, 8x4, 8x5
#A3 Glow Plug