Turnigy P606 LiPoly/LiFe AC/DC Charger (EU Plug)
Turnigy have once again produced a compact charger with excellent features. This balance charger has either a AC or DC input voltage allowing charging at home or out where your using your models. The charger has more than enough power, 50W, to provide a maximum charging current of 6A.
The unit is designed to charge from 1S to 6S batteries. It can handle different combinations at the same time, 6x1S or 3x2S or 2x3S or 1x2S plus 1 x 4S or 1x1S plus 1x5S or 1x6S. There is no need to stop the charger when connecting or disconnecting batteries as the battery will start charging (after 20secs) when plugged in.
This charger is only for use with LiPoly or LiFe batteries.
So if you are looking for a new charger then this is the one for you.
• AC or DC power input
• There is the ability to plug in or disconnect batteries when charging
• Batteries charged via balance lead
• Batteries will charge as soon as they are plugged in
• The display can show the capacity of every battery and every cell
• The adaptor supports the connection at the same time for 6*1S or 3*2S or 2*3S or 1*6S battery
• Only charge LiPoly or LiFe batteries
AC Input: 100-240V
DC Input: 10-18V
Support Battery Type: LIPO, LIFE
Charge Current: 0.1-6.0A
Charge Power: 50W
Output Connector: JST-XH2.5 (7P)
Case Size: 145 x 132 x 47mm
TURNIGY P606 Charger
Power Cord (EU Plug)
12V cable with alligator plugs
Balance board and cable
Bought it to charge 2 sets of 3s batteries at the same time. Shows the voltage, current and mAh:s charged in every 6 cell at any time during the charging. Balances cells by lowering the current on each cell individually during charging, when the voltage goes up. 230v plug and 12v connectors for using out in the field. Good value for the money so far.Unfortunately mine died after only a few charges. I'm using 3S turnigy nano batteries but right now, I need to buy a new one, probably one of those 4 buttons chargers. This one is not bad but a bit limited. Technically you could charge more than 4S batteries or two 3S but just don't. You can only monitor up to 4 cells.Very good charger, balances fine. Unbeatable for the money.Nice charger:
- charges batteries very accurately: 4.2 /- 0.005 Volt
- can charge 2 3S batteries at once
- charging is slow. The charger charges ~20 seconds and then pauses ~8 seconds every time. This is probably to get a clean cell voltage measurement each time. Charging 2 2200 mAh 3S batteries simultaneously takes ~2.5 hours at max current (2.1A) and a single battery takex ~ 1 hour at 4A.