Take a break from the norm, sit down and give RC sailboats a try. HobbyKing brings you the Poseidon 650, the perfect way to enter the exciting world of RC sailboats.
The Poseidon 650 sailboat comes almost ready to run. All you need to supply is transmitter, receiver, and receiver battery! Modeled after ocean going racing yachts, the Poseidon's hull is molded fiberglass composite with a perfect gelcoat and vibrant enamel painted finish. Supporting the colorfully printed rip-stop nylon main sail is a rugged aluminum main mast. All required items are installed, including mainsail winch, steering servo, rigging, sail and hardware. Protecting your expensive electronics is a water resistant hatch, hidden behind a faux passenger cabin. Dressing up the model are a few scale details like steering wheel and deck rails.
The weighted keel stabilizes the Poseidon, even in a stiff breeze, yet she'll keep going in lighter winds too.
Lets head to the dock and see what she can do. On a warm summer afternoon there's nothing like sitting back, relaxing with a cold beverage and experiencing the thrill of sailing the Poseidon 650.
• Almost Ready to Run - Just install your choice of radios system and receiver battery!
• Molded fiberglass hull
• Beautiful high gloss painted finish
• Highly details scale looking
• Brilliantly printed rip-stop nylon sails
• Removable keel
• RG65 class compatible
• Wooden display stand included
• High strength fiber glass main mast
Area of Sails : 0.21m2
2 Channel Transmitter and Receiver (Stick Style Suggested)
4.8~6.0V Receiver Battery
I have a Aquacraft Vela that I like a lot, but is too big for my pond. For the price I thought I would give this boat a try. I'm very glad I did. This boat sails very nice, and is easy to trim. I also have the Aquacraft Paradise. Do not buy the Paradise. It is setup horribly, and needs lots of work to get it to sail at all. I would highly recommend this boat even for beginners.I have a Aquacraft Vela that I like a lot, but is too big for my pond. For the price I thought I would give this boat a try. I'm very glad I did. This boat sails very nice, and is easy to trim. I also have the Aquacraft Paradise. Do not buy the Paradise. It is setup horribly, and needs lots of work to get it to sail at all. I would highly recommend this boat even for beginners.Purchased in Spring 2015, intensively tested in Summer and Autumn that year.
- the fiberglass hull is of high quality with high-gloss painting
- the sail drum-winch has an acceptable torque and accuracy
- price ( bought in some sale) with shipping-free bonus from EU warehouse
- the fiberglass keel was horribly twisted like a propeller. I had to repair it with individually manufactured tool in the oven ( 120 degree of Celsius) - see pic in the " files" section
- the plastic hardware and fittings are of poor quality - very soft and fragile. Have to be replaced with metal ones to reach a reasonable reliability of the boat
- after a half year of use the rudder steering servo has an oscillations around the neutral position ( worn-out potentiometer probably). I plan to exchange the servo this Winter.
- the sails are simply one-piece flat only; suitable for relax, nothing more
- the hull is about 1 cm longer ( w/o rubber dump in the front) than 650 mm so it's difficult to use it in RG65 category racing
Result: don't expect a finalized RTS boat but a very good basement for your own modifications and upgrades. Finally you can have a sailboat with a beautiful look and very good sailing properties and high reliability. Enjoy !!This is very beautiful and perfect yat.
Quality is very nice and very well present assembly information.good boat, I'm happy with it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So_kNGKbZPo&feature=youtube_gdata_player
twisted keel assembled download now [108kb] twisted keel from the top download now [140kb] broken fitting download now [66kb] new fitting hand-made of metal download now [45kb]