We are proud to offer our Hobbyking RotorStar ESC series. With helicopter specific programming options such as super smooth soft start, fixed RPM mode (governor mode) and ultra high resolution, you won't find a better helicopter ESC on the market today!
We have tested these units on our own helicopters and found them to be among the best we have ever seen. The super smooth soft start, along with its ultra high resolution throttle response puts this ESC in a class of its own!
RotorStar ESCs are built with the highest quality components to ensure true-to-rating current handling and high efficiency operation.
All RotorStar ESCs can be programmed via optional programing card or by transmitter stick inputs.
• Powerful 5.7-7.4-8.0v/12A Selectable BEC
• Optional programming card for convenient setup
• ESC has separate programming lead built-in so there is no need to unplug from RX
• Super fine throttle resolution provides first-rate and highly accurate linearity
• Super smooth adjustable start-up mode
• Constant RPM mode (governor mode)
• Adjustable F3A brake.
• 3 steps adjustable normal EMF brake
• High anti-interference capability
• Low voltage cut-off protection with automatic adjustment for NiCd/NiMH/Li-Ion/LiPo/LiFePO4
• Soft cut-off option at low voltage, slows motor RPM gradual rather than hard cutoff (LVC)
• Low voltage cut-off can be disabled
• Variable cut-off voltage / cell
• Active free-wheeling circuit allows for unlimited "partial load" capability
• LED status display
• Adjustable motor timing from 0° to 30°
• Blocked rotation protection (senses a jammed motor and stops motor rotation)
• Motor reversing from ESC (no need to change ESC/motor wires)
• Over-temperature protection and overload alarm
• Anti sparking circuit: reduces connection sparks (for HV ESC)
• Throttle signal loss protection. If the signal is lost for 3 seconds, the power will automatically cut-off.
• Safe power-on. (Motor will not start until throttle is returned to lowest position)
***This ESC is compatible with both helicopter and airplane models.***
Max Cont Current: 90A
Max Burst Current: 105A for 10 seconds
Input Voltage: 2-6 cells li-XX or 6-16 Ni-MH/Ni-Cd Battery
BEC: 5.7v - 7.4v - 8.0v/12A Selectable BEC
PWM: 8~16 KHz
Max RPM: 240,000rpm for 2 Poles Brushless Motor
PCB Size: 50 x 30 x 15mm
Weight: 85g (including wires)
This seems to be a next generation re-branded YEP ESC with several differences to the older YEP and Rotorstar series. It has a finned heat sink, 12 amp vs. the old 6 amp BEC which is selectable from 6 to 8.2 volts for HV Servos, It also has a big capacitor on the other side that you can't see which probably does something the old ESCs did not do or it prevents bad things from happening. Not sure. But be aware that it means it will not sit flat on a surface.
I'm hoping for some good durability. My YEP 100 amp ESC was great until I changed the PWM frequency. That change "chirped" or de-synched the motor on throttle up and the ESC was dead after that. Motor made a screech sound. Motor was fine. Esc looked fine with nothing burnt but no beeps. No beeps means nothing is getting to the motor. OOPS! Tried to re-flow the solder for the SMT chips in case anything was loose and actually got some functions back but never could get the motor to beep or budge.
One thing about these ESCs with the programming card. The programming card lets you do lots of stuff but be careful. With great programmability comes great risk.Der Regler selber ist klasse, das Kabel mit Ferrit Ring gehrt in den Empfnger, ber das 2. kann man einen Sttzakku anbringen oder ein anderes Backupsystem- kein Programmieren ber dieses Kabel, programmieren mit der hier erhltlichen Karte Serie 1 klappt nicht- bentigt wird Version2 oder3 von YEG-vielleicht demnchst in diesem Theater erhltlich 12/2015