Dimension: 30mm x 12mm, 38mm(with shaft)
Weight: 14.5g (kv4500) (not including connectors)
Diameter of shaft: 1.48mm
Length of front shaft: 8mm
Lamination thickness: .2mm
Battery: 2 Cell 2S/7.4VRPM: 4500kvMax current: 6ANo load current: 7.4V/0.4ACurrent capacity: 6A/15secInternal resistance: 0.473ohmDimensions: 12x30mm
Prop: EP4040ESC: 7A
Max Current: 6.4A
Battery Type: 2S Only
Suited for Mini EDF or micro parkjets.
Max Currents (A)
Length B (mm):
Can Length D(mm)
Unit Weight (g):
Total Length E(mm)
Perfect motor for converting the little free-flight EPO jets (X-16. X-18, Raptor) into fast little RC jets.
6A turnigy Plush
3x3 GWS prop
2x2,5 gram servo working on Elevons only
4ch orangeRX DSM2 receiver
Flying weight approx. 75 grams
Performance similar to the UMX Mini Stryker
great upgrade motor for xmods (need some hand work!)I am using this motor in my Losi Micro SCT, because the stock 8500kv brushless motor had massive problems with overheating. Died 3 times. Motor shaft came loose from the stator.
Now i have modded the stock motor mount. Drilled two new holes (1.5mm) for this motor.
Using it with 13T brass pinion (0.4M) and 54T spur gear.
It is the right gearing for my living room.
Plenty of torque! Wheelie time :-))
No more problems with overheating!
Funktioniert wunderbar inmeinem Mini-wing mit 2s und 3x2 Prop.piccolo e prestazionale, la cassa lunga lo rende adatto a apiccole auto 4x4This Motor ist hot! hot in a good and in a not so good way. It runns verry smooth ans fast. But it will get hot as hell. You'll need a good Heat Sink :) But i like it hot.Good little motor. I am using in a Nine Eagles Xtra 300. One issue is the wires go through the metal rear plate and can rub through with vibrations. It is impossible to repair in this spot, as its too close to the windings.
Great power to weight unit!Just a follow up to a comment I made about the magnet core inside the motor spinning free of the output shaft. CA glue didn't work, but thread lock did the trick. I used a bit of 1mm music wire with a drop of thread lock on the end, pulled the shaft out of the motor, and scratched it up with some coarse sand paper, then put the shaft back in through the front of the can, (end with the mounting holes) just enough that it centers the core, then I carefully passed the wire through the rear bearing, being sure not to get any thread lock on the bearing, then spread the glue around the inside of the core, as close to the end of the shaft as possible, then I pushed the shaft back in through the core and rear bearing. The CA lasted about 30 seconds before it let go. The Thread lock has worked now for a few runs. I've backed off the motor timing and set punch control on the highest setting. I even dropped my brake power to 50pcnt to reduce load on the motor. I am amazed at the torque this motor delivers, even with these settings.I am using this motor in a Losi Micro SCT, with the Nanotech 350mah 65-130 2s1p lipo, and the trackstar 18 esc.
The motor has insane torque. I am using it with the highest available gear ratio (smallest spur gear, biggest pinion) and it has no trouble at all, even up steep inclines or over 45 degrees, however, be careful. I suggest using punch control because I actually managed to spin the motor core off the output shaft. This was an internal failure of the glue that bonds the magnets inside the motor to the output shaft. I was lucky because I managed to re-glue it with a needle and some ca, but I don't know how long or well it will hold up.
In addition, the leads are very fragile, and the threaded holes for mounting are an uncommon size, and I have had a hell of a time finding screws. (m1.4, I believe another reviewer said.) and this does require drilling new mounting holes in the motor mounting plate.
Also for this application, the motor is quite large. It covers up the hole in the chassis for the on off switch, so that will have to be relocated.
For anyone looking to try this setup, be aware that the battery I used is huge for this car, and required heavy modification.
additional components I used in the conversion are the HK 310 3 channel radio, and the Naro HP-BB servo for steering.
Great little motor, use in micro-t with a little modification to motor mounting plate.