Turnigy SK3 Motors are the next leap forward in motor quality and design. We instructed the engineers to source the best quality magnets, bearings and materials available to them and develop a motor that would not only rival but surpasses the quality of many leading motor manufacturers on the market today.
The result is an efficient, high caliber motor using quality double shielded bearings, sintered Neodymium magnets and a string wound stator ensuring an accurate and consistent winding each and every time.
The Turnigy SK3 motors are suited to modelers who are seeking a quality brushless motor without compromise.
Voltage: 2~3S Lipoly
Internal resistance: 0.12 Ohm
Max Loading: 7A
Max Power: 63W
Shaft Dia: 2.0mm
Motor Plug: 2mm Bullet Connector
Unit Weight (g)
Max Currents (A):
Length B (mm):
Can Length D(mm)
Total Length E(mm):
Has anyone successfully pulled the shaft through the other side of the motor? Ive done so with other outrunners in this size, but now that mine have arrived they seem like it would be more difficult to do here.
What a great little motor. Ive fitted to the Bonsai with a 5x5 prop, 3s 1000mAh battery and its screams around the sky. After about 6 mins the motor comes down not even warm. I think its a sensational motor.Nice light and powerfull motor! I use it on the mini skywalker with a 20 amp esc and 5x5 prop. on 3s. It goes unlimited vertical!Lets start with the positive: very good build quality, very good power with >350 g thrust on 3s.
Prop savers are far to tight, supplied rubber does not fit.
Unfortunately screws are secured, so you need to burn the glue before you can loosen the screws with the risk to damage the rare earth magnets as they are on the bell too and can not take more than 80'C.
Also the screws break due to the necessary force.
Destroyed two of my 5 motors with that, which is a very bad rate if you want to build a quad...
So unfortunately I can not recommend those motors.these are rubbish, the shaft can not be extended to use normal prop adapters, and the ones that are built in (i dont know why Turnigy likes to do this as the screws break way to easy and are impossible to replace) have screws that are to close to the bell and mean you can't get the O-Rings over their heads without damaging it.
the rear nut protrudes about 3-4mm past the mount meaning you need to dill a hole for the shaft to pass though when mounting the motor.
DO NOT try and unscrew the prop saver screws as they are glued in and you will break the screws.
they do seem well put together and very powerful, but they are VERY poorly designed for useI have to give this average scores because out of four I installed on a quad, three were vibrating badly and needed more balancing than you would expect for such small motors which claim to be a 'leap forward' in quality. I have a wad of tape hanging off one side of two of them to get them to run smooth! Also, the stock prop saver rubbers snap too easy, one let go on my second hover with a new mini quad. Luckily no damage except for two wasted props.Powerfull engine for Agro Magnum. My setup - TURNIGY Plush 12amp (2A BEC) BESC; GWS Style 7x3.5 Propeller; Turnigy 1440A Servo 4.4g/0.8kg/.10sec (V2); OrangeRx R615 Spektrum/JR DSM2 Compatible 6Ch 2.4Ghz Receiver; Battery 2S 400mAh or 3S 300mAh. Total weight incl. batt and lights 240g
Gewaltiges Rastmoment der 12 Magnete. Gemessene 2300KV
2s, GWS 6X3 7,2A 12000 U/min 300gr
GWS 5x3 5A 13000 U/min 210gr
Sport 6x4 9,8A 11000 U/min 290gr
Good little motor. I just maidened it on a MiniSkywalker using a 2200mAh, 2S, 25C Lipo and a 5x3 APC prop. No idea if this is an efficient setup but it flew around fine which surprised me since the smaller version SK3 - 2118-3100kv wasn't quite powerful enough. I'm not a fan of prop savers but its fine on this. I'd imagine it would make a good motor for a small 3D plane which takes 22mm motors. The SK3 motors include all the necessary mounting accessories and it all comes in a nice box. Gets my recommendation.A great little motor. I replaced the 10mm prop saver screws with 6mm and it's now easy to get the o-ring on. I also added two more screws to the backplate to help secure it better.