TURNIGY Graphene battery packs have set the standard for performance, reliability and innovation. To help drone racers keep wires out of the way of rotors HobbyKing and Turnigy have designed this Graphene battery to have a removable balance plug. Install the plug when charging the battery and remove it when flying for extra safety.
Turnigy Graphene packs utilize carbon in the battery structure to form a single layer of graphene just 0.335nm thick, making that type of battery substrate the thinnest known to mankind. The graphene particles form a highly dense compound allowing electrons to flow with less resistance compared to traditional Lipoly battery technologies.
The result is a battery capable of maintaining greater power output whilst remaining much cooler under load. Since heat and resistance are the natural enemies of batteries Graphene chemistry has significantly reduced these problems and the result is an incredible boost in cycle life.
Turnigy Graphene batteries always provide POWER ON DEMAND with plenty of punch.
Voltage: 4S1P / 4 Cell / 14.8V
Discharge: 65C Constant / 130C Burst
Weight: 166g (including wire, plug & case)
Balance Plug: JST-XH
Discharge Plug: XT-60
Note: Graphene LiPo Batteries only require a standard Lipo battery charger.
Advantages over traditional Lipo batteries.
• Power density: 0.15-0.17kw/kg (5Ah-16Ah)
• Power density: 0.13-0.15kw/kg (1Ah-4.9Ah).
• Stable High pack voltage through the duration of use.
• High discharge rate, giving more power under load.
• Internal impedance can reach as low as 1.2mO compared to that of 3mO of a standard Lipoly.
• Greater thermal control, packs stay much cooler under extreme conditions
• Higher capacity during heavy discharge.
• Maintains higher pack capacity even after hundreds of cycles
• Fast charge capable, up to 15C on some batteries.
• Longer Cycle Life 600+
Unit Weight (g)
Max Charge Rate(C):
These batteries are as good as many of the top name Lipos I have used .
I have only just got them so as far as longevity goes I can't tell at this stage but if they are anything like the older Turnigy Graphene 1300mAh 65C batteries I have had then I'll be happy.
The removable balance lead is a great idea I can't count the number of times I've had to repair damaged balance leads and that's a PITA.
The capacity seems honest I still get the same amount of flight time as the other 1300 mAh batteries I own so all in all at this stage I recommend them !