The CC3D ATOM boards are an all-in-one stabilization hardware that run OpenPilot firmware.
It can fly any airframe from Tri, Quad, Hex, Octocopters as well as fixed wing aircraft and is configured and monitored using the OpenPilot Ground Control Station (GCS) software.
This latest revision features improved gyros and uses the powerful OpenPilot architecture and the cross-platform Ground Control Station (GCS).
CopterControl from the OpenPilot project introduces a new generation of multi-purpose aircraft stabilization platforms and
has been designed from the ground up to perform the following functions:
• MultiRotor controller with auto-level, including TriCopters, QuadCopters and HexaCopters
• Flybarless Helicopter controller with auto-level - Experimental
• Fixed Wing UAV controller - Experimental
The innovative Flexi-port provides either I2C connectivity or a second serial port. Flexi-port gives Copter Control the flexibility to use either I2C and a single serial port or dual serial ports, according to your connectivity needs.
Superior user experience
OpenPilot has tried to make your experience with the CC3D as easy and trouble-free as possible. The hardware is complete; there is no soldering required.
The included RC harness allows you to connect any standard PWM receiver, are tested before shipping and come with bootloader already flashed.
A standard mini-USB cable (not included) is used to load the latest firmware and configure everything for your unique airframe.
The OpenPilot project is trying to make Open Source much more user friendly. OpenPilot software is designed to be used by everybody! All major operating systems are supported and install packages are provided. The GPLv3 licensed software is all free and not only are you welcome to hack it, but we encourage it!
Sensors and Components:
• 3-axis Gyroscope array and 3-axis Accelerometer: MPU-6000
• Supports common RC inputs: 6 PWM channels, combined PPM, Spektrum/JR DSM2, DSMJ, DSMX satellites, and Futaba S.Bus receivers.
• Simultaneous support for multiple receivers.
• Receiver Port functions (configurable): 6 PWM input channels or combined PPM stream, 4 PWM output channels
• Main Port functions (configurable): serial telemetry (default), GPS, S.Bus, Spektrum/JR satellites
• Flexi Port (configurable): serial telemetry, GPS, Spektrum/JR satellites, or I2C peripherals (under development)
• Camera stabilization: supports up to 3-axis camera mounts with stabilization and manual control from any of configured receivers.
• Onboard USB connectivity for easy configuration.
• USB and serial telemetry and configuration
• Supported by powerful OpenPilot GCS
• 3C Quaternion based filter running at 500Hz
• Powerful STM32 32-bit microcontroller running at 90MIPs with 128KB Flash and 20KB RAM.
• 3-axis high-performance MEMs gyros and 3-axis high-performance MEMs accelerometer.
• Tiny 4 layer PCB for superior electrical noise reduction and flight performance.
• Software support for Windows, Mac and Linux.
• Direct high speed USB support with no drivers required, a truly plug and play device.
• Spektrum satellite receiver support.
• Futaba S-BUS hardware support.
• Innovative Flexi-port technology for superior port flexibility.
• 4Mbits on-board EEPROM for configuration storage.
• 10 PWM outputs to servos, ESCs or for camera stabilization
Size: 35 x 20 x 15mm
Weight: 12.5g (including leads)
1 x OpenPilot Atom CopterControl Board
1 x OpenPilot Serial Cable
1 x OpenPilot CopterControl RC Receiver Cable
**** NOTE: The HobbyKing ATOM CC3D board is fully authorized by OpenPilot and built using there schematics and quality import parts, unlike the ones available elsewhere using a reverse engineered layout missing capacitance with ground feedback issues.
OpenPilot software is designed to be used by everybody! All major operating systems are supported and install packages are provided. The software is all Free software under the GPLv3 license and not only are you welcome to hack it, but we encourage it! www.Openpilot.org
I've had two of these things. One lasted a couple of weeks and the other about one minute. Really poor hardware, no better than the cr*p from bong good. Don't get caught, buy something else. HK's claims that these are made from high quality parts blah blah is bull dust.Good . Thamkyou low price highMine died after connecting to a 3S battery, while it should operate up to 16V according to specs. It wasn't faulty from the beginning, because i powered it from 1S battery first time, and flashed with cleanflight successfully.Excellent controller, works perfectly well, as the standard CC3D, but is lighter and smaller. Setup is very easy with OpenPilot GCS software (free from openpilot). Supports PWM and CPPM inputs as well. I use this with Taranis Radio.Perfect size for 250 quad-copters, it's a CC3D flight controller and performs as such, no surprise there. Love the size was able to drop it right into a 55mmx55mm bay right next to my 8ch reciever. Was even able to slide a receiver controlled switch in between the two and still had enough room around the sides to supply power to my esc. It's getting a little tight in there but i think i can squeeze in a few more LED strips.The same as cc3d but a lot smaller, which is ideal on our 250 racers!Installed one in my Spidex 220. Performs well and as expected. Good for a Racing FPV where you don't need GPS, as this won't connect to a GPS. Be careful that you order the correct version, as it comes in two versions - horizontal or verticals pins.Perfettamente funzionante, ottima qualitflies well, but the 1plus8 receiver pins came bent and i was unable to use this until i discovered it. had to surgically move them to place, and hope they won't break in the process. too bad because it seems like a good board.Really good for 250 racer, works after simple configuration - 10 minutes after install quad is configured and flying (and this includes firmware update).
For small racer it is better than Openpilot CC3D board since protective case in included and it is smaller and lighter