A nicely finished composite pod and boom style glider with balsa and light ply wings, 3 x 9g servos pre installed for aileron and elevator functions, also including the pre installed 28-36 1800kv NTM Prop Drive brushless outrunner with 20A ESC.
The wings and tail plane are constructed of good quality balsa and light ply, also featuring pre hinged control surfaces.
All hardware is included in the box to get the glider in the air with minimal assembly. Provided is a carbon wing spar and carbon look boom. As with any proper glider, the wing is easily removable offering quick assembly/disassembly at the field, this makes transport and storage a breeze.
You will simply need to add your own Tx/Rx and LiPo battery to get the glider in the air.
• Composite fuselage
• Carbon fiber look boom
• Removable wing for easy transport
• Brushless motor and folding 9 x 6 prop w/spinner included
• 3 x 9g Servo
Motor: 28-36 1800kv NTM brushless outrunner (included)
Flying Weight: 450g
4CH Transmitter and receiver
3S 1800~2200mAh LiPo battery
When this arrived the tail was broken off,and needs extensive repair.The elevator rod is to stiff to work and will also need attention.There is no method of attaching the canopy,just a bit of wire glued in,but that doesn't work.It was obvious the tail was broken before despatch,and the other things are just poor design and thought.Very disappointed with this product.MODEL IS VERY BEAUTIFUL, BUT SOME COMMENTS, THE RED BAND IS A PAINTING AND STRIPS VERY EASILY, THE SERVANTS NOT GOOD QUALITY ARE BUT RUNNING, THE ENGINE IS STRONG AND ENOUGH TO RISE VERTICAL, ESC OF 20A heats A LITTLE, AND The HOME THE FLIGHT iS VERY sTABLE and docile, wORTH A BUYI am disappointed very poor quality.
one servo does not work
a flap has a small travel
fixing the wing, impossible to assemble
empennage assembly through 3degrer
esc too small
corvering Film full of air bubble
no assembly instructionsI replaced the stock ESC as it was getting quite warm just sitting on the bench with the battery plugged in and replaced the stock props with 6x4 ( https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=13130 ). Assembly took one evening. Build quality is OK but the horizontal stab is a bit flimsy and slightly misaligned, the balsa construction is quite good as is the composite pod. Flies quite well and thermals nicely with a 1300mAh 3s. I will probably add rudder at some point or program in some differential aileron to correct for adverse yaw.Not the best glider out there but with a lit bit of work you can actually fly it some day :)Several defects found when finishing assembly. Vertical stabilizer was cracked, horizontal stabilizer was warped, elevator servo and control rod were stuck (glue in control rod line), the brown paint freely chips from mono coat, control arms for ailerons not long enough (connection touches the wings lower surface). No flights yet, seems to have more than enough power. Then the price drops a week after purchase. A file with some minimal instructions would be good (no CG info).Very disappointed in this model. Quality is very poor for the following reasons:
1. Two out of the three servos were bad out of the box.
2. Tail section is glued in place approx ten degrees off. Vertical stab and horizontal stab do not align with fuselage and wings.
3. Paint chips were falling off out of the box and continue to fall off, even on the bench which I have covered with a towel. The paint definitely does not have enough elasticity properties. This thing looked like a beater plane BEFORE it was ever flown!
4. No instructions what so ever. No idea where to set throws or CG. This model takes very small throws on elevator and ailerons so be cautious. Also, there is a set screw that holds the prop on the motor shaft. You will not see this initially as you have to disassemble the prop adapter to find it.
With all the work this plane has taken on the bench to fix all the bad quality issues, I would have preferred an ARF. It would've been faster to build than to repair and I would have used better components.