Futaba has made some improvements to their Futaba 6K and has come out with the new Futaba 6K V2 8-Channel Digital Proportional R/C System. It has all the old features plus it is now 8-channels, has additional telemetry functions, expanded multicopter flight modes and more.
Two additional channels
• Channels 7/8 are used through the R3006SB receiver's S.Bus/S.Bus2 ports
• Can be assigned to any of the four switches or VR dial
• Are included in Sub Trims, End Points, Reverse, Failsafe, Servo Monitor and Trainer
Expanded Flight Modes (Fly Mod) in multicopter programming
• Priority — toggle through five different values assigned to flight modes on an assigned channel
• Matrix — up to nine combinations using two, 3-position switches for controlling gimbals
Vibration alerts with timer functions and Throttle Integrate
SBS-01C current sensor and SBS-01V voltage sensor compatible
Telemetry sensors monitor critical flight data, including temperature, RPM, altitude, receiver battery voltage, external voltage and variometer. It's compatible with S.Bus and S.Bus2 servos, and setting functions can be programmed through the transmitter. Controls are positioned to be within easy reach, and the menu is a breeze to navigate. Throw in other features such as 30 model memory, a 128x64 DOT backlit LCD screen and updateable software, and it's easy to see how the 6K is a lot of radio for the money.
The supplied R3006SB receiver can use S.Bus as the main link/communication to the servos or a combination of S.Bus and the conventional outputs together. It features 6 standard PWM outputs in addition to S.Bus and S.Bus-2 outputs and bi-directional communication with a T-FHSS Air Futaba transmitter using the S.BUS2 port. By using the S.BUS2 port an impressive array of telemetry sensors may be utilized.
Futaba has built their reputation on radio systems and with the 6K it's easy to see why they are a leading brand. This is a fantastic system for those looking for a full function, feature packed radio that will fly anything.
• S-FHSS/T-FHSS selectable
• Telemetry system (T-FHSS) with data speech function for monitoring receiver battery voltage, external voltage, temperature, RPM, altitude and variometer
• Built-in antenna
• S.Bus/S.Bus2 servo setting functions programmable through the transmitter
• Preset vibration alarms
• 30 model memory
• 8-character model/user naming
• Programmable mixes for airplanes, helicopters, gliders and multi-rotors
• Digital trims with variable step settings
• Adjustable stick length and tension
• Changeable switch/VR position and AUX channel function
• Throttle position warning
• Backlit 128x64 DOT LCD screen with adjustable display contrast
• Software updateable through the CIU-2
• Screen Lock
• Earphone/S.Bus/Trainer jacks
• Assignable switches (three 3-position, one 2-position)
• Range Check
• Program navigation bay with jog dial, +/- pads and end pad
• Data reset
• Model copy
• Selectable model type
• Fail Safe
• End Points
• Trim/Trim Resets/Trim Steps
• Sub Trim
• Servo Reversing
• Parameter functions
• Servo monitor/Test
• Wireless model data transfer
• Timer-System and Model (Up/Down)
• Trainer system
Name: R3006SB 2.4GHz T-FHSS S.Bus
Type: Full-range flight receiver
Modes: S-FHSS or T-FHSS
Features: bi-directional communication with a T-FHSS transmitter to utilize an array of telemetry sensors, S.Bus and S.Bus2 ports, along with 6 standard PWM outputs
Voltage Input: 4.8V-7.4V
Dimensions: 43 x 25 x 8.8 mm
Futaba 6K V2 8-Channel 2.4GHz Transmitter
Note: Owners of the 6-Chanel 6K systems can upgrade to V2 with the free download.
Software Update to V2 (Zip) - click here
Update Information Ver2 (PDF) - click here
Update Instructions (PDF) - click here
Requires: CIU-2 or CIU-3 and DSC Cord for update.
I fly quads and nothing else and this is the most expensive radio I own but I think it was worth it. I'm using it with two S-FHSS and one T-FHSS receivers in three different models and the menu system makes setup and switching between these easy.