Want to upgrade your existing HK500 to torque tube?
This kit is all you need to make the change from belt to TT.
All parts required are included.
At the time I bough this all I really needed was the boom block which goes into the main heli frame but I couldn't find it anywhere or rather I had no idea what part number it was (H50116) There's one for the Align Pro (H50116A - Note the "A") which will not fit the regular HK500 heli as it's too narrow and you would need to shim it.
Here's the bad;
(1) Of course the torque tube arrived severely bent and un-usable.
(2) The gears (front and back) aren't properly formed and don't mesh well and feel grindy
(3) The gears them selves can be swapped out for align parts but there is a weird aluminum casing housing the front bearing inside of it, so for sure you can't install align bearings on the boom block without this aluminum part. You'd have to get the bearings out of it and slip new ones in, I've been unable to remove the bearings so far.
(4) The torque tube bearing feels kinda cheap, but I'm sure it will do it's job.
(1) The boom block fits my old HK500 with a minor adjustment
(2) You could get by with this boom block by just replacing the umbrella gears for better ones till your bearings wear out.
(3) The tail block is okay and it will do the job fine.
(4) The tail boom was straight and usable.
All in all I felt like I actually wasted money and ended up having to buy the original (H50116) which I needed anyway so that I can have a trouble free swap of front bearings if ever I needed to, but that's just me.
As I said, all I really needed was the boom black. The one in this kit is just okay.I have been looking for the small metal part to lock the tail holder to the boom
where can I get small metal part to lockGreat part for the price relative to the align unit. I swapped out the boom and Torque Tube (TT) for align parts. Reassembled ensuring the TT had relief and was not bottomed into the gear. Gears mesh nicely. Will see how long the hold up.Plastic is wabbaling and the torque tube is poorly made so that it is crooked. Need a better torque tube for sure. They all seem to be crooked, even on the kits of the whole heli, replacements, or the tail upgrades. So I have come to the conclusion that the machining for their torque tubes is so poor that they are uncomfortable to use, as well as HK main shafts. HK, you should not sell stuff to the public that is so poorly machined, it hurts you reputation.fr den Preis unschlagbar, jipiiGood Replacement for my Belt driven HK500GT.Expensive shipping! As noted in previous reviews the torque tube was pretty bent (a football rolled sideways would wobble less across your table). Fortunately I bought the align torque tube at the same time I bought this upgrade. I have not flown it yet, and the gears sound a little rough but we will see how she does. I am crossing my fingers, but with the price of shipping and the extra cost of align shaft..... maybe ill just buy all align next time. my heli is like 80pcnt align now anyway. just do it right from the beginning and buy align!Have purchased this 'upgrade' and is very good, but will return to belt drive, because the weak point is the small cog that meets the drive cog. This will break at slightest impact of tail, and part cannot be bought seperately, must buy entire Torque Tube assembly again !!!, When parts can be purchased seperately will use again, until then, this is a very expensive upgrade!!Ich habe das Teil las Ersatz fr meinen T-Rex 500ESP genommen.Die Qualitt und Passgenauigkeit ist gut.Der Rundlauf ist auch in Ordnung. Wenn man also Heckrohr und beide Winkelgetriebe und die Welle defekt hat, ist es eine gute und gnstige Alternative zu Align teilen.Received today. This will need to be totally stripped and rebuilt. Gear mesh is awful with a lot of notchyness in the front and tail end bevel gears. Not sure if it is the gears themselves, gear mesh clearance or the bearings etc. Will find out upon stripping. Torque shaft not straight and one end fitting machined way off centre. Should be fixable with a little care and attention to detail though (and machining a new T/T end), but due to the price and shipping combined, this is poor.