Land yachting combines the grace of sailing with the thrill of motor racing. It's great to watch your land yacht skimming across smooth hard sand or a large tarmac area at high speed and with no noise just using the wind.
Full-size land yachts hold speed records of over 126mph sailing at 3-4 times faster than the wind that propels them and now you too can enjoy the challenge and thrills of land yachting with the HobbyKing Bat 1 RC land yacht.
The Bat 1 has been designed by a renowned RC and full-size land yacht pilot and it is available in 3 versions, "Almost Ready to Run", "plug & play" and in "Kit" form. All versions have a simple, rugged construction and are very straightforward to assemble. The Bat 1 utilizes just 2 channels, one for steering and one for controlling the sail, it also has low friction ballraced wheels for super smooth free-running and a colorful eye-catching sail finishes the Bat 1 off nicely.
Comments from the designer of the HobbyKing Bat 1:
• It's like flying a boat on wheels
• Land yachts achieve surprisingly high speeds
• They travel faster than the wind driving them
• Virtually maintenance free
• Simple rugged construction
• The radio gear is well protected against impact, dust, water and mud
• Fast, clean, quiet and fun
• No messy expensive fuel or batteries
• No noise or pollution
• Pure simple fun
The Bat 1 (P&P) plug & play comes complete with 2 servos installed, a transmitter and receiver are required and there is a small amount of assembly also required but this is very straightforward.
• Pre-molded 2 piece hull with decals applied
• Carbon mast, boom and rear axle
• Large ballraced main wheels
• Pre-installed ballraced steerable front wheel
• Shaped eye-catching mylar sail
• Rugged construction
• Very easy and straightforward to assemble
• Pre-installed servos
• Pre-installed receiver switch and "AA" battery holder
• Simple exciting fun
Sail Area: 0.15m²
Weight: 692g (without batteries and receiver)
1 x HobbyKing™ Bat 1 Land Yacht
2 x Servos
1 x "AA" battery holder and switch
2ch (or more) Transmitter and Receiver
4 x AA batteries
*Note* Manual is located in the files tab below.
I ordered this land yacht , i have a old little Spektrum AR6000 for park airplanes (foamies ) which serves me for nothing since 2005 and i have a battery NIMH too large for my Salto glider and too large for my Monsoon sailboat , and i have the old skis from a old litlle airplane , so ,maybe it fit to the little land yacht ! :DHabe das Modell im Zuge des "Race Out Sale" gnstig erworben, erste Fahrt ist positiv verlaufen. Ein Super Preisleistungsverhltnis in Bezug auf den gezahlten Preis. Das Modell macht Spa, ist mal was ganz anders als die sonstigen RC Modelle. Hoffe das bei strkerem Wind das Modell nicht ganz so hufig umkippt, ist doch schon eine nette Segelflche am Modell vorhanden.