Arduino follows Open-source principles, which means you can freely download the development environment and many associated resources.
Ideal for project work and often used in schools, teaching, motor control, robotics and similar applications; the Arduino platform allows for rapid application development using either Java (cross-platform) or Processing (a C derivative used to write sketches using Arduino IDE downloadable from Arduino.cc web site.)
Input voltage should be limited to 6 ~ 12V, but if the voltage supplied is less than 6V, I / O port may not be supplied to a voltage of 5V, and therefore readings may become unstable. If the voltage is greater than 12V, the regulator device may overheat causing damage to the control board. It is therefore recommended that you supply between 6.5 and 12V, utilising typical power supplies of 7.5V or 9V.
Mega 2560 is fully compatible with the Arduino software and has complete hardware compatibility with the Arduino Shield high performance processor and enough memory to handle even complex solutions.
• ATmega2560 micro controller
• 54 digital input / output terminals (14 of which have programmable PWM outputs)
• 16 analog inputs
• 4 UARTs (hardware serial ports)
• 16 MHz crystal clock
• Bootloader – to allow downloading of ‘sketches’ via USB without having to go through other external writers
• Powered from USB or via external PSU (not supplied). The device will automatically switch between power inputs
• Heavy gold plate construction
Clock speed: 16 MHz
Flash Memory: 256 KB of which 8 KB used by bootloader
Operating voltage: 6 ~ 12v
Dimensions: 110 x 53 x 15 mm
USB cable included.
*Note: This is not an original Arduino brand product.