We are proud to offer our Hobbyking RotorStar ESC series. With helicopter specific programming options such as super smooth soft start, fixed RPM mode (governor mode) and ultra high resolution, you won't find a better helicopter ESC on the market today!
We have tested these units on our own helicopters and found them to be among the best we have ever seen. The super smooth soft start, along with its ultra high resolution throttle response puts this ESC in a class of its own!
RotorStar ESCs are built with the highest quality components to ensure true-to-rating current handling and high efficiency operation.
All RotorStar ESCs can be programmed via optional programing card or by transmitter stick inputs.
• Powerful 5.5V/6A Switching BEC
• Optional programming card for convenient setup
• Super fine throttle resolution provides first-rate and highly accurate linearity
• Super smooth adjustable start-up mode
• Constant RPM mode (governor mode)
• Adjustable F3A brake.
• 3 steps adjustable normal EMF brake
• High anti-interference capability
• Low voltage cut-off protection with automatic adjustment for NiCd/NiMH/Li-Ion/LiPo/LiFePO4
• Soft cut-off option at low voltage, slows motor RPM gradual rather than hard cutoff (LVC)
• Low voltage cut-off can be disabled
• Variable cut-off voltage / cell
• Active free-wheeling circuit allows for unlimited "partial load" capability
• LED status display
• Adjustable motor timing from 0° to 30°
• Blocked rotation protection (senses a jammed motor and stops motor rotation)
• Motor reversing from ESC (no need to change ESC/motor wires)
• Over-temperature protection and overload alarm
• Anti sparking circuit: reduces connection sparks (for HV ESC)
• Throttle signal lose protection. If the signal is lost for 3 seconds, the power will automatically cut-off.
• Safe power-on. (Motor will not start until throttle is returned to lowest position)
***This ESC is compatible with both helicopter and airplane models.***
Max Cont Current: 100A
Max Burst Current: 120A for 10 seconds
Input Voltage: 2-6 cells li-XX or 6-16 Ni-MH/Ni-Cd battery
BEC: 5.5V/6A Switching BEC
PWM: 8~16 KHz
Max RPM: 240,000rpm for 2 Poles Brushless Motor
PCB Size: 50x30mm
Weight: 81g (including wires)
- Blade Count:
All functions for soarer and aerobatic plane work well (rest not in use). Anti jamming device works at all rpm's. You have to reprogram stick positions, brake and acceleration after any jamming or disconnection of the motor (while esc is connected). Resistance deems very low.
Reverse function is not available.