We are proud to offer our Hobbyking RotorStar ESC series. With helicopter specific programming options such as super smooth soft start, fixed RPM mode (governor mode) and ultra high resolution, you won't find a better helicopter ESC on the market today!
We have tested these units on our own helicopters and found them to be among the best we have ever seen. The super smooth soft start, along with its ultra high resolution throttle response puts this ESC in a class of its own!
RotorStar ESCs are built with the highest quality components to ensure true-to-rating current handling and high efficiency operation.
All RotorStar ESCs can be programmed via optional programing card or by transmitter stick inputs.
• Powerful 5.5V/4A Switching BEC
• Optional programming card for convenient setup
• Super fine throttle resolution provides first-rate and highly accurate linearity
• Super smooth adjustable start-up mode
• Constant RPM mode (governor mode)
• Adjustable F3A brake.
• 3 steps adjustable normal EMF brake
• High anti-interference capability
• Low voltage cut-off protection with automatic adjustment for NiCd/NiMH/Li-Ion/LiPo/LiFePO4
• Soft cut-off option at low voltage, slows motor RPM gradual rather than hard cutoff (LVC)
• Low voltage cut-off can be disabled
• Variable cut-off voltage / cell
• Active free-wheeling circuit allows for unlimited "partial load" capability
• LED status display
• Adjustable motor timing from 0° to 30°
• Blocked rotation protection (senses a jammed motor and stops motor rotation)
• Motor reversing from ESC (no need to change ESC/motor wires)
• Over-temperature protection and overload alarm
• Throttle signal lose protection. If the signal is lost for 3 seconds, the power will automatically cut-off.
• Safe power-on. (Motor will not start until throttle is returned to lowest position)
***This ESC is compatible with both helicopter and airplane models.***
Max Cont Current: 30A
Max Burst Current: 35A for 10 seconds
Input Voltage: 2-4 cells li-XX or 6-12 Ni-MH/Ni-Cd battery
BEC: 5.5V/4A Switching BEC
PWM: 8~16 KHz
Max RPM: 240,000rpm for 2 Poles Brushless Motor
PCB Size: 34x24x9mm
Weight: 26g (including wires)
Habe den Regler gekauft, weil der 30A YEP nicht verfügbar war und die gleiche Programmierkarte verwendet werden kann. Funktion ist ok, das Programmieren hat mehrere Anläufe gebraucht, da der Regler die Eingaben nicht sofort übernommen hat. Der angeblich baugleiche YEP scheint mir besser verarbeitet und Probleme mit der Programmierung kenne ich da auch nicht. Für den Preis trotzdem ein brauchbarer Regler. Programmierkarte (YEP) unbedingt mitbestellen!I can only emphasize the words of the previous poster. The ESC is very smooth, but when reaching about 3/4 throttle it is like shifting to a virtual next higher gear. Revolutions drop and then increase again through max. throttle. Totally and utterly, completely useless!I've always known these ESCs to be some of the best for the price with a good variety of programming options, and good performance. BUT, this one has an issue when active freewheeling is used, at around half throttle the motor has trouble turning. The only thing that fixes it is programming active freewheeling off. Otherwise good compact ESC.The rotor Star 30A (2 ~ 4S) SBEC Brushless Speed Controller is useless. I have bought 2. Both have the same problem. Setting:
PWM 8kHz and Auto Timing, Governor and Brake = OFF, Quick Start, battery = 3s. I have 5 different motors connected with different Kv and size. For all shows the same error: In a certain throttle position in the top third of the gas the speed breaks, and then increases with increasing gas again (like a gear). Also I have tried every timing and PWM, which resulted in more than a deterioration. In the voltage range 2s (below 9V), the controller works.