We are proud to offer our Hobbyking RotorStar ESC series. With helicopter specific programming options such as super smooth soft start, fixed RPM mode (governor mode) and ultra high resolution, you won't find a better helicopter ESC on the market today!
We have tested these units on our own helicopters and found them to be among the best we have ever seen. The super smooth soft start, along with its ultra high resolution throttle response puts this ESC in a class of its own!
RotorStar ESCs are built with the highest quality components to ensure true-to-rating current handling and high efficiency operation.
All RotorStar ESCs can be programmed via optional programing card or by transmitter stick inputs.
• Powerful 5.5V/5A Switching BEC
• Optional programming card for convenient setup
• Super fine throttle resolution provides first-rate and highly accurate linearity
• Super smooth adjustable start-up mode
• Constant RPM mode (governor mode)
• Adjustable F3A brake.
• 3 steps adjustable normal EMF brake
• High anti-interference capability
• Low voltage cut-off protection with automatic adjustment for NiCd/NiMH/Li-Ion/LiPo/LiFePO4
• Soft cut-off option at low voltage, slows motor RPM gradual rather than hard cutoff (LVC)
• Low voltage cut-off can be disabled
• Variable cut-off voltage / cell
• Active free-wheeling circuit allows for unlimited "partial load" capability
• LED status display
• Adjustable motor timing from 0° to 30°
• Blocked rotation protection (senses a jammed motor and stops motor rotation)
• Motor reversing from ESC (no need to change ESC/motor wires)
• Over-temperature protection and overload alarm
• Throttle signal lose protection. If the signal is lost for 3 seconds, the power will automatically cut-off.
• Safe power-on. (Motor will not start until throttle is returned to lowest position)
***This ESC is compatible with both helicopter and airplane models.***
Max Cont Current: 40A
Max Burst Current: 50A for 10 seconds
Input Voltage: 2-6 cells li-XX or 6-16 Ni-MH/Ni-Cd battery
BEC: 5.5V/5A Switching BEC
PWM: 8~16 KHz
Max RPM: 240,000rpm for 2 Poles Brushless Motor
PCB Size: 50x25x12mm
Weight: 43g (including wires)
Great for 450 pro - fits between the frame in front under battery holder andfor 6S setup it is not even warm. Same as YEP 40A and i use same program card - YGE compatible.
ByeIt looks like I just wasted my money. I bought this for a glider but it comes with helicopter settings and no provision to reset via transmitter and no card available to re program the ESC.There are no manual include.
One of FILES tab is useless.
I had known how to set up by transmitter stick.
Disappoint.My new standard ESC for planes with up to 6 analog servos.
I use this ESC in my scratch build depron jets, cause I need up to 6 servos and this ESC can handle them without any problems.
Don't forget to order a programming card if you don't have one, the default settings are for helis and a programming without card is not possible.I have got 2 of this ESC. Good ESC for this price. I fly 3 and 6 S tarot 450. Governor works good. I recommand this ESCone of the best ESC for 450size helis, the governor mode works really wellExcellent ESC! I guess these are YYEP ESC's but just relabeled! Nice for an 450 helicopter!