The Micro HKPilot Mega master set is a complete open source autopilot and flight controller system featuring matched hardware, cables for a Micro plug-and-play UAV control system.
The new micro Master set total weight is just 23.5g and all components can fit in a 35x35x30 cube, for the smallest UAV total solution available. Perfect for mini MultiRotors and Park UAV missions.
The HKPilot is based on the rapidly evolving and refined Ardupilot mega or “APM”, an open source project from 3DR robotics. This amazing flight controller allows the user to turn any fixed wing, rotary wing, or multi-rotor vehicle (even boats and cars) into a fully autonomous vehicle, capable of performing a wide range of tasks even programmed autonomous missions with waypoints, with the included micro high precision NEO-6M Ublox GPS.
Various user interfaces are available for programing, reviewing logs, setup and even some Apps for smart phones and tablets. The included telemetry radio, OSD, power sensor and GPS allow for full two way radio communication, giving you full control and provides live data back to your computer or tablet. The list of what this flight controller is capable of has quickly surpassed what it cannot. Feature rich settings, flight modes and supported platforms have made this the go-to UAV controller.
The HKPilot Mega Micro master set includes: The NEW Micro HKPilot Mega 2.7.2, the super precision Micro Ublox NEO-6M GPS module with integrated compass, Micro telemetry radio with built in PCB antenna and ground module for bi-directional data, 4s 60A PDB/BEC/ power sensor Module, Micro minim OSD for FPV feedback, complete matching cable sets for a plug-and-play experience.
This product is based on the open source APM Project from 3DR Robotics, the Cad files per the creative commons license are available under the files tab. The APM project is supported by thousands of users pushing this open source flight controller to be one of the best systems available.
• Micro size 35mm format with 30.5mm mounting
• Full system weight is just 23.5g (Micro HKPilot, GPS, OSD, PDB/Power module, Telemetry radio)
• Arduino and APM Compatible
• Pre-soldered and tested
• 3-axis gyro, accelerometer, magnetometer and high-performance barometer
• Built in 4 MP Dataflash chip for automatic data logging
• Honeywell HMC5883L-TR Digital compass on board and off
• Invensense's 6 DoF Accelerometer/Gyro MPU-6000
• Measurement Specialties MS5611-01BA03 Barometric pressure sensor.
• Atmel ATMEGA2560 and ATMEGA32U-2 (processing and USB function).
• External compass support (included)
• Micro Ubox super precision NEO-6M GPS included
• Micro 35mm 4s 60A PDB/BEC/Power V and I sensor included
• Micro 1.6g Telemetry radio and OSD included
• Matched cables for the complete set
HKPilot Mega Micro 2.7.2
Micro PDB/BEC/V and I sensor
Micro U-blox super precision NEO-6M GPS and Compass
Micro Telemetry radio set (433MHz)
Complete matched cable set
Please view individual components under the related items tab for a list of respective specifications and features.
*Note: The reference to APM refers to the ArduPilot project, a family of open source autopilots based on the Arduino open source computing platform, developed by 3DR and the open source community. It consists of a choice of ArduPilot Mega (APM) electronics and a range of free software versions for different vehicles and is governed by an open source creative commons license. This product is based on the open source APM Project from 3D Robotics, the Cad files per the creative commons license is available under the files tab.
*Note: This is not an original Arduino brand product.
Took me some research to get it working. But finally everything ok. Here some important hints:
1. Do not load the APM 3.2.1 Firmware, use 3.2 instead. Mission planner will say "the board is retired" and propose automatically 3.2.1 - cancel this and you'll get 3.2.
2. Cable between OSD and HKPilot needs an additional Tx(OSD) -> Rx(HKPilot) connection. Otherwise OSD is not updating. For this you have to create you own cable.
3. For Firmwareupdate of the OSD use a 6 pin FTDI (USB-TTL) with CTL control output. Make sure the CTL-Signal is connected. Otherwise you get a "missing boot loader" error
4. For the OSD use the MinimOsd_Extra_Copter_Pre_release_Beta Firmware, based on firmware extra-2.4-r800. Can be downloaded here: http://discuss.ardupilot.org/t/minimosd-updating-gps-voltage-and-current/10391
5. Use external compass of the GPS. You have to cut carefully with a sharp knif on the PCB of the HKPilot at SJ10 between the two solder pads. There is no connection visible - anyway cut carefully until there is no connection between the solder pads measurable.
faulty board for me! Only 4v get out from board to osd/mav-link and radio rx. No way to setup volt and ampere reading-monitoring; try every pin! Low voltage board allarm.Got this for my FPV 250. Good value for money. Sadly, I had to cut the link to get the external compass to work, and that was the last time I could communicate with the board. This is obviously a great board, but the necessity to cut a miniscule solder link proved too much of a hurdle for my skills, and I had to put it back into its box, and put it on the shelf. Hugely, disappointed that I couldn't get it working.Not Impressed with this kit, the Baro is not working even with foam and all precautions taken, I can only fly it in Stabilise mode and GPS modes, therefore cannot use the autotune and autotrim .... seriously annoying and disappointed for the price!Could not connect to mission planner using the rf module. Spent hours before I figured out that the rx and tx where switched on the cable going to the module from the APM. Hours of troubleshooting is not what I expect with a brand new product.Depus de conectar todo menos la telemetria y e osd me preparo para configurar el modulo de vuelo y no se comunica con el pc , e bajado los drivers del usb y los e instalado y sigue sin comunicarsen modulo y pc. podrian decirme como o donde puedo encontrar los drivers y como instalarlos?.
Gracias:First set keep sending bad compass health and bad Gyro Health and cannot calibrate the compass, returned to Hobby King for warranty claim but being ignore for 20 days. still no reply for HK, SxxT!
can't waiting hobbyking so buy second set, still bad compass health issue and still cannot calibrate th ecompass. anybody know how to fix the compass or this board is just a joke and never can use???? Try both built in and external compas still failed...........
Very bad, my copter is crashed every time. Bad bad bad.
I use the best component, Tmotor motors, simonk ESC, Frsky... this flight controller is so bad friendsThey sent me a defective!
I waited a month before they wrote back and told me to wait again a month
Hobbyking are crooks !!!!
Never with them do not purchase.
In other stores Honkkong or china respond to mails within 24 hours are
Hobbyking and pathetic after 2 weeks.Excellent Product! Ive purchased a few HKPilots and APMs in my Multirotor quests and this is the smallest yet works just the same as the larger 2.5 - 2.7 variants. In my opinion, I think this is so much better and easier to work with. Great savings on weight and really makes room for a good fit in my QAV280. I would prefer that it came with the pins uncrimped as I had spent quite abit of time trimming down the wiring which came a little too long for mini quads. Yes, Ive literally used up everything that came with this package. Nothing left unplugged. I'll try to post up pictures in the 'Files' tab to show you how I managed to rewire it neatly.
HKPilotMicroBox download now [422kb] MicroHKPilot PinOut Guide.jpg download now [215kb] Micro OSD to FTDI HookUp Guide download now [51kb] No File Name download now [521kb] diagram1 download now [516kb] cut here download now [404kb]