We are proud to offer our Hobbyking RotorStar ESC series. With helicopter specific programming options such as super smooth soft start, fixed RPM mode (governor mode) and ultra high resolution, you won't find a better helicopter ESC on the market today!
We have tested these units on our own helicopters and found them to be among the best we have ever seen. The super smooth soft start, along with its ultra high resolution throttle response puts this ESC in a class of its own!
RotorStar ESCs are built with the highest quality components to ensure true-to-rating current handling and high efficiency operation.
All RotorStar ESCs can be programmed via optional programing card or by transmitter stick inputs.
• Powerful 5.5V/6A Switching BEC
• Optional programming card for convenient setup
• Super fine throttle resolution provides first-rate and highly accurate linearity
• Super smooth adjustable start-up mode
• Constant RPM mode (governor mode)
• Adjustable F3A brake.
• 3 steps adjustable normal EMF brake
• High anti-interference capability
• Low voltage cut-off protection with automatic adjustment for NiCd/NiMH/Li-Ion/LiPo/LiFePO4
• Soft cut-off option at low voltage, slows motor RPM gradual rather than hard cutoff (LVC)
• Low voltage cut-off can be disabled
• Variable cut-off voltage / cell
• Active free-wheeling circuit allows for unlimited "partial load" capability
• LED status display
• Adjustable motor timing from 0° to 30°
• Blocked rotation protection (senses a jammed motor and stops motor rotation)
• Motor reversing from ESC (no need to change ESC/motor wires)
• Over-temperature protection and overload alarm
• Anti sparking circuit: reduces connection sparks (for HV ESC)
• Throttle signal lose protection. If the signal is lost for 3 seconds, the power will automatically cut-off.
• Safe power-on. (Motor will not start until throttle is returned to lowest position)
***This ESC is compatible with both helicopter and airplane models.***
Max Cont Current: 45A
Max Burst Current: 55A for 10 seconds
Input Voltage: 2-6 cells li-XX or 6-16 Ni-MH/Ni-Cd battery
BEC: 5.5V/6A Switching BEC
PWM: 8~16 KHz
Max RPM: 240,000rpm for 2 Poles Brushless Motor
PCB Size: 50x30mm
Weight: 63g (including wires)
I am so disappointed about this product, I buy it about having gov function.
I calibrated the gas and I have made several flights with auto timig and auto degred and 8khz and 6º
heli has no power one half of the previous esc,, even got a whiff of burnt engine,,, I have removed it and put back my old Turnigy plus and go back to perfect the engine ...
estoy muy decepcionado con este producto, lo compre por tener función gov.
he calibrado el gas y he echo varios vuelos,con auto timig y auto degred
el heli no tiene ni la mitad de potencia que con el anterior esc,, incluso empezó a oler a quemado el motor,,, lo he quitado y vuelto a poner mi turnigy plus y vuelve a ir perfecto el motor...
Just sent back the unit to get a replacement. It is everything HK claims it to be. I used it on my Align 450SE V2. I worked as advertised for about 8 months. But then I broke a tail rotor link and decided to rework the Heli and do a complete rotor head alignment and replace the main motor. After the rework, I used a YEP program card II to finalize the rebuild. After programming the RS 45A, it lost all power regulation to the main motor and BEC. I had either no power to the main motor or full blast power on. For some reason, it also affected the aileron and pitch channels. I tested the Rx and servos without the ESC and they worked fine so you got me how that happened. Other than that, I thought it was a great ESC with a lot of features. If you buy this ESC, I highly suggest you also get a programming card with it as it comes with no instructions on how to set it up with the Tx. Happy hovering!Ich habe 2 gekauft. 1 ist gut ,das andere lst sich nicht programmieren trotz passende Karte.habe dann die Werkseinstellung mit Fernsteuerung eingestellt,ging auch nicht
habe nur halbe Geschwindigkeit.am 16.9 reklamiert,dann Fragen ,warten,neue Fragen,
dann chat,schicke Fotos dann gibt es Ersatz,dann Fotos geschickt-reicht nicht bitte Video schicken nach 7 Tagen und mehreren mails habe ich das Teil jetzt Entsorgt
Fazit 1 Regler = 40
good esc for the hk450 heli but it is a little big.
it doesn't even get warm with a typhoon 2215 3550kv motor at 90pcnt throttle using a 11T pinion.
it comes pre programed for heli use and the soft start is nice and slow and fluid.At this price, a perfect controller for my 450 Setup - easy to install with the RC-Setup (from the YEP Controller) or better, more convenient and to be attained all functions (ex.Cov.Store, Softstart Speed and more) with the YEP ProgCard.
He has a very smooth Softstart, in my Setup (3450kv/3S2200 - Startup Power 2pcnt-Proged with Card), with full cells (4.2V): to 60pcnt approximately 25 seconds to 80pcnt app. 30s
Speeding from 60pcnt to 80pcnt needs about 2 sec.
(measured only with my cheap wristwatch).
The previous 15 flights he worked very well, within my flying style (round trip, soft 3D) the Gov. has no speed drops and I see no problems.
It looks like a YEP in another heat shrink but he has also installed "Anti Sparking!
Thank for the ESC but there is no programming instructions with this ESC don't have a clue how to program it.