The Turnigy TrackStar waterproof series of speed controllers offer top performance, excellent value and of course the capability to run your favourite 1/8th truck, car or buggy in almost any weather conditions including rain and snow.
The Turnigy TrackStar 120A V2 ESC boasts a host of programming options and can be programmed with ease via the Turnigy TrackStar programing card.
• Enhanced throttle response, precise throttle linearity, excellent acceleration and strong brakes
• Waterproof for wet weather running
• Programmable with the Turnigy TrackStar programming card to make adjustments. (sold separately)
• Automatically detects the number of cells within the battery pack.
• Multiple protection features: Over-heat protection, throttle signal loss protection and motor blocked protection.
Cont. Current: 120A
Car Size: 1/8th
BEC: 6.0V / 3A Output
Cutoff Voltage: 3V/cell
Motor Type: Sensorless Brushless
Size: 56.3 x 47.4 x 39mm
Thermal Overload Protection: Yes
This ESC is very well priced. It has great acceleration and stong brakes. It is very responsive to throttle input. It has drag brake adjustment and initial braking adjustment. No cogging. And runs 4s no problems.
The problem is the very limited programming options even with the program box. (Trackstar turbo programming box) no brake force adjustment, so you have 100% all the time. There is also no option to change battery voltage cutoff. The voltage cutoff is set very low at 3v per cell. That is dangerous to discharge to that voltage. It seems that minimum throttle input is pretty high, so when you try to drive slow you cannot. The minimum speed seems pretty fast, but does not cog. There also has been a couple times where it does not move when throttle is pressed, it will just buzz for a second and then take off.
Overall, I would suggest you buy a different ESC. HobbyWing SC8 ESC is the same price and is a waterproof 120amp ESC with lots of programming options and very reliable.what card is that (Turnigy TrackStar programming card) that is compatible with this esc?