Introducing our EPP 3D MX2. Featuring a fantastic design and layout, this all out EPP 3D'er will satisfy the most eager 3D pilots!
It's fuselage is torsionally very stiff yet light with loads of space beneath the long top hatch for your radio and power system. The wing is a one piece affair featuring EPP construction, a very accurate symmetrical airfoil with 2 additional spars to minimise flex and twist. The control surfaces are something else - the elevator, rudder and ailerons feature a 3 layer construction (Epp-Depron-EPP) making for stiff surfaces and NO flex at extreme throws! Snap rolls 'Snap' and control response is instantaneous.
The light - yet rigid - airframe adds up to one great flying 3D 'foamy'. Waterfalls, harriers, flat spins, rolling circles this model has the precision to perform these and any other moves you can think of!
Assembly of the airframe in a quick 10-15 minute process with the help of a little medium CA. The radio and power system layouts are very straightforward, the long top hatch making for easy access.
This is a great model for general park flying and hardcore 3D. You will be hard pressed to break this model, it will take hard knocks and just keep bouncing back everytime!
• Tough EPP material, light-weight and crash resistant
• Stiff EPP/Depron composite control surfaces
• Revolutionary design adds to the structural integrity and the rigidity of the airframe
• Light-weight provides optimal wing loading
• Outstanding aerobatic performance and 3D manoeuvrability.
• Simple design allows for easy equipment access and installation
• The stand out color scheme great for orientation
Wing Area: 15.2dm2
Weight: 550g (without battery)
4 channel radio system
2217 950-1100KV Brushless outrunner
3S 11.1V 1100-1300MAH Li-Po
4 x 9g servos
Frame/ PNF/ RTF(mm):
I have had a pause from flying for about 5 years but got that itch again when I saw this plane. My setup is Park 480 1320, nanotech 1500 3s, Yep 30A and first try with 9x4,7 prop "various" servos ~10g. Did not understand why you would hassle with glueing the servo rods 2 and 2 and shrinkwrap? They are long enough to just put a z-bend in the other end and you are ready to go. Tried to go a little nose heavy with my setup but ended up needing 30g in the nose anyway. Adjusted everything straight except 2 klicks up on the elevator and it flew very nicely. Easy to differ between upside and downside. Flying weight was 728g and that feels light. You will need extension leads for the elevator and rudder servos, aileron servos did not. Landing gear is not good, needs some strengthening and wheels are tiny. But all in all - very nice airplane for it´s price.Very good, and easy to assemble 3D plane for reasonable price!
Recommended to learn the basics of the 3D...What a plane great value easy to assemble all parts go together lovely and straight ,used HD181omg servos yep 40a speedcontroler park 480 motor 1300 50c nano tack batteries . might be better to use graphine 1500 batteries to balance better as i had to put 20oces lead stick on weights to get balance spot on this set up gives un limited vertical performance and a good 7 min flying time ,only down side dose not come with servo horns extendersAttracted by the HKing price... I needed to build something in the coming winter season!
I have received the parcel in few days from the NL store.
Perfect services from this location employees. 5 stars!
Surprised when opening the box: inside are a quite a massive plane parts.
Good finished parts, easy assembling... but careful with the CA glue, just use small drops!
- Reading the build leaflet, I can see the very weird positions of battery and ESC: too long wiring! So, I managed to modify that and installed the esc vertically, just behind the motor: cutting and removing the foam... also making a large vent hole at the lower part of firewall, below the motor.
- Then inserted the Esc in this big cavity, so it will be well vented and its wires going directly to the brushless motor through the firewall top: short cabling is always a good rule!
- A 2830-1100kv is used (shaft can be reversed easily) driven by a 40amps Esc, running a 11x5 inch prop and a flat 3S/1600mah battery (130grs) complete the model.
- The obtened CoG is closed to 88mm: perfect! The static amps test gives around 20amps with this config... and the model weights 730grs with a TGY-iA6B receiver and the telemetry (battery volt + altimeter)!
-Due to this important mod, I had to solder a 15cms longer 5 volts connector, going from Esc to the receiver (motor is channel 3).
- Now, urgent need of some good weather, for maiden flight: it snows today (dec 1st) on the french riviera! Can you imagine that?Assembly was easily finished. Everything lined up well. The only issue I found was that the firewall was glued in wrong. When mounted, the motor was skewed to the LEFT and UP. I shimmed the mount screws for the motor and it flies ok.I was looking for a park flyer to use some salvaged gear I had in the bin and it really turned out well. Park 480, 30A plush, 9g servos, 3s1300 battery. Breeze to build and everything fit square. Easy maiden with no trim needed and balanced with no extra weight. This is a well-designed plane, IMO. Very impressed.Viel Modell für wenig Geld! Macht richtig Spass die Kleine ;-) - Setup: 4xHXT900, HK 30A Steller, älterer KDA-Motor (67g) mit 10x5 Thin-E-Prop, 4s1300 Zippy Compact, Fluggewicht 705 Gramm. Empfehlung als 3D-Trainer...Apart from the contra rotating prop system I made a couple of changes in that the tailwheel was replaced with a fuselage mounted skid due to our rough field. As the rear of the canopy is quite fragile I fixed a small ply plate sticking up to assist in removing it from the strong magnets.
I found the instructions for the tailplane fixing wrong as the elevator was too wide to slide in the slot, so a small piece of the sternpost was removed and stuck back after fixing.
The wheel were too small and were replaced, and the wire UC too flimsy, although it does not spend much time on the ground. Flying is a joy and it is capable of anything you are capable of. Knife edge loops are easy, and the colour scheme shows up well. The contra rotating system works well and is extremely smooth if you balance the props well. Two Tunigy 18Aplush controllers worked well.I had to replace the four screws hold the rear prop as they were not long enough for the black ones, though OK for APC 10x4s.
How to mount the recommendend Turnigy 2217 or SK3 2830-1020kv. It seems to mount the Motor on ist rear side. But these ones have to be mount on their front. - please help.How to mount the recommendend Turnigy 2217 or SK3 2830-1020kv. It seems to mount the Motor on ist rear side. But these ones have to be mount on their front. - please help.
SkyWing39inManual download now [412kb] Manual Deutsch download now [559kb] Nose mod by not2fast download now [626kb] undercarriage mod mca download now [71kb] No File Name download now [1241kb] Skyway Product Manual download now [412kb] Redo motor mount download now [451.03Kb] 8589C28C-6AA4-405E-8190-4F2E6F15DC34.jpeg download now [922.87Kb] 215DCF21-23F2-441E-8E26-E6B1BE949F2D.jpeg download now [446.59Kb]