Introducing our EPP 3D MX2. Featuring a fantastic design and layout, this all out EPP 3D'er will satisfy the most eager 3D pilots!
It's fuselage is torsionally very stiff yet light with loads of space beneath the long top hatch for your radio and power system. The wing is a one piece affair featuring EPP construction, a very accurate symmetrical airfoil with 2 additional spars to minimise flex and twist. The control surfaces are something else - the elevator, rudder and ailerons feature a 3 layer construction (Epp-Depron-EPP) making for stiff surfaces and NO flex at extreme throws! Snap rolls 'Snap' and control response is instantaneous.
The light - yet rigid - airframe adds up to one great flying 3D 'foamy'. Waterfalls, harriers, flat spins, rolling circles this model has the precision to perform these and any other moves you can think of!
Assembly of the airframe in a quick 10-15 minute process with the help of a little medium CA. The radio and power system layouts are very straightforward, the long top hatch making for easy access.
This is a great model for general park flying and hardcore 3D. You will be hard pressed to break this model, it will take hard knocks and just keep bouncing back everytime!
• Tough EPP material, light-weight and crash resistant
• Stiff EPP/Depron composite control surfaces
• Revolutionary design adds to the structural integrity and the rigidity of the airframe
• Light-weight provides optimal wing loading
• Outstanding aerobatic performance and 3D manoeuvrability.
• Simple design allows for easy equipment access and installation
• The stand out color scheme great for orientation
Wing Area: 15.2dm2
Weight: 550g (without battery)
4 channel radio system
2217 950-1100KV Brushless outrunner
3S 11.1V 1100-1300MAH Li-Po
4 x 9g servos
Attracted by the HKing price... I needed to build something in the coming winter season!
I have received the parcel in few days from the NL store.
Perfect services from this location employees. 5 stars!
Surprised when opening the box: inside are a quite a massive plane parts.
Good finished parts, easy assembling... but careful with the CA glue, just use small drops!
- Reading the build leaflet, I can see the very weird positions of battery and ESC: too long wiring! So, I managed to modify that and installed the esc vertically, just behind the motor: cutting and removing the foam... also making a large vent hole at the lower part of firewall, below the motor.
- Then inserted the Esc in this big cavity, so it will be well vented and its wires going directly to the brushless motor through the firewall top: short cabling is always a good rule!
- A 2830-1100kv is used (shaft can be reversed easily) driven by a 40amps Esc, running a 11x5 inch prop and a flat 3S/1600mah battery (130grs) complete the model.
- The obtened CoG is closed to 88mm: perfect! The static amps test gives around 20amps with this config... and the model weights 730grs with a TGY-iA6B receiver and the telemetry (battery volt + altimeter)!
-Due to this important mod, I had to solder a 15cms longer 5 volts connector, going from Esc to the receiver (motor is channel 3).
- Now, urgent need of some good weather, for maiden flight: it snows today (dec 1st) on the french riviera! Can you imagine that?Assembly was easily finished. Everything lined up well. The only issue I found was that the firewall was glued in wrong. When mounted, the motor was skewed to the LEFT and UP. I shimmed the mount screws for the motor and it flies ok.I was looking for a park flyer to use some salvaged gear I had in the bin and it really turned out well. Park 480, 30A plush, 9g servos, 3s1300 battery. Breeze to build and everything fit square. Easy maiden with no trim needed and balanced with no extra weight. This is a well-designed plane, IMO. Very impressed.Viel Modell für wenig Geld! Macht richtig Spass die Kleine ;-) - Setup: 4xHXT900, HK 30A Steller, älterer KDA-Motor (67g) mit 10x5 Thin-E-Prop, 4s1300 Zippy Compact, Fluggewicht 705 Gramm. Empfehlung als 3D-Trainer...Apart from the contra rotating prop system I made a couple of changes in that the tailwheel was replaced with a fuselage mounted skid due to our rough field. As the rear of the canopy is quite fragile I fixed a small ply plate sticking up to assist in removing it from the strong magnets.
I found the instructions for the tailplane fixing wrong as the elevator was too wide to slide in the slot, so a small piece of the sternpost was removed and stuck back after fixing.
The wheel were too small and were replaced, and the wire UC too flimsy, although it does not spend much time on the ground. Flying is a joy and it is capable of anything you are capable of. Knife edge loops are easy, and the colour scheme shows up well. The contra rotating system works well and is extremely smooth if you balance the props well. Two Tunigy 18Aplush controllers worked well.I had to replace the four screws hold the rear prop as they were not long enough for the black ones, though OK for APC 10x4s.
How to mount the recommendend Turnigy 2217 or SK3 2830-1020kv. It seems to mount the Motor on ist rear side. But these ones have to be mount on their front. - please help.How to mount the recommendend Turnigy 2217 or SK3 2830-1020kv. It seems to mount the Motor on ist rear side. But these ones have to be mount on their front. - please help.This model is made very well, its easy to assemble, and its very durable.
I am flying it with Turnigy D2836/8 1100KV on a 11x4,7 SF APC prop. This combination is pretty OK, but if would be buying this model again I would go for about 10-20 grams heavier motor which would not make it only more powerful but also it would make finding the CG possible without adding lead in the nose. That being said, I can hover with its current setup no problem.
For all four servos I am using Turnigy™ XGD-11MB, which seem to be doing their job pretty well.Packing and shipping (east warehouse) was excellent. Assembly is easy, I used hot glue and foam-safe CA to assemble.
The plane is a little tail-heavy (I used no ballast in mine) but its light enough that I don't think it matters that much. I used the Turnigy D2836/8 motor and 30A ESC. With a 1300 mAh 3S, flying weight came in at around 651 grams. I get around 4.5 minutes flying time. You will probably do better with newer batteries as mine are approx. 2 years old.
I used the recommended control throws, with 50pcnt expo in ailerons and 60pcnt expo in the elevator. This is my first EPP and I think the large expo settings helped me keep things smooth in the air.I HAVE THIS PLANE WITH TURNIGY PARK480 /1020KVMOTOR ,HXT 900 SERVOS,WAS NOT TAIL HEAVY AS SOME HAVE SAID ,I ACTUALLY PUT A LITTLE LEAD IN TAIL FOR BETTER3D .IT HAS PLENTY OF POWER WITH THIS SETUP. FANTASTIC 3D PLANE ,DOES EVERYTHING YOU CAN IMAGINE .6MINS HARD 3D WITH 1300MAH BATTERY,GOOD SIZE TO FIT IN CAR IN ONE PIECE,HANDLES WIND WELL,EPP IS VERY TOUGH AND LIGHT AND WILL NOT CHIP OR DENT LIKE EPO ETC.JUST BUY ONE! THANKS HOBBYKING,CAN YOU PLEASE STOCK THE EDGE AS WELL?
SkyWing39inManual download now [412kb] Manual Deutsch download now [559kb] Nose mod by not2fast download now [626kb] undercarriage mod mca download now [71kb] No File Name download now [1241kb] Skyway Product Manual download now [412kb] Redo motor mount download now [451.03Kb] 8589C28C-6AA4-405E-8190-4F2E6F15DC34.jpeg download now [922.87Kb] 215DCF21-23F2-441E-8E26-E6B1BE949F2D.jpeg download now [446.59Kb]